Page 1 of 2
I think almost everyday I hear something new about this guy and the **** he has done in the name of Satan... astounding how this man could hate Christ as much as he likes making music.

So he does things to oppose Jesus like..

Burning an inverted cross on his forehead.

ALWAYS wearing the gold inverted cross necklace. He has one on EVERY interview/public appreance I've ever seen him in.

Wearing that cute Jesus t-shirt with the Ghostbusters style red crossout mark over his face.

Publicly stating he will commit suicide at age 33 to mock Jesus's death.

Calling up Christain radio shows to assert the Christians that they are wrong, and that God is a lie.

Refusing to fly on planes because the high elevation of flight will bring him "closer to God".

Being an offical member of the Church of Satan, then quitting calling them "posers" and "Hollywood Satanists" because it wasn't "satanic" enough for him.

Writes songs with titles like '**** you God", "Bible Basher", "Kill the Christians", "When Satan Rules His World" ect....

Any other Benton/Deicide stories are much welcolmed.

Is this guy for real? or is he just pulling our chains?
Last edited by Pizza The Hut at Nov 19, 2008,
Too bad Benton is over 33.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
hes for real
but i think he exploits a lot of what he believes for reality too.
he changed his mind before his 33rd birthday claiming suicide was for pussies.

and the bigfoot sighting is hilarious. the uks best extreme metal magazine "terrorizer" dedicated the front page of an issue to it.

hes got an awesome voice
Quote by Pizza The Hut

Calling up Christain radio shows to assert the Christians that they are wrong, and that God is a lie.

Refusing to fly on planes because the high elevation of flight will bring him "closer to God".

IF both these statements are true, then he's sort of a hypocrite.

Anyway, I think he overdoes it a bit. From his interviews, he seems like someone who hasn't grown up.
please excuse any typos or grammatical errors in the above post.

My Last.fm
Either way its fuel for his cookie vocals, he needs some kind of inspiration to sound that pissed!
Here's some more....

Having his soul cleansed of "goodness" so he could live a life completely opposite of Jesus.

He once said in an interview that he purposely let demonic spirits possess his body before the 'Deicide" and "Legion" recording sessions to enhance the evilness of his voice. I don't know if its true, but if you ever listened to songs like "Dead By Dawn" or "Sacraficial Suicide" there are non-human noises and voices in them.
Quote by Conservationist
He is the uber-troll.

Anyone else think he resembles the vocalist from Possessed?

Yes he does kinda sound like Jeff Barcerra. But Jeff wasn't a looney.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
I think almost everyday I hear something new about this guy and the **** he has done in the name of Satan... astounding how this man could hate Christ as much as he likes making music.

ALWAYS wearing the gold inverted cross necklace. He has one on EVERY interview/public appreance I've ever seen him in.

Wearing that cute Jesus t-shirt with the Ghostbusters style red crossout mark over his face.

Being an offical member of the Church of Satan, then quitting calling them "posers" and "Hollywood Satanists" because it wasn't "satanic" enough for him.

Writes songs with titles like '**** you God", "Bible Basher", "Kill the Christians", "When Satan Rules His World" ect....

THat one is my favorite. Did you know despite all his claims his wife forced him to marry her in a chucrch
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

As for Benton, the guy is a cartoon. Shouldn't be treated as anything more than that.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
He's just a joke, really, nothing more. If he's doing it for laughs and with a hearty sense of humour - which metal needs - then he's done well, but if he's deadly serious about the whole thing, then he's a complete joke.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
He uses the controversy to market his music. Same way Marilyn Manson and others do this ****. Question is, Is he against Christians or against religion? I'd like to see these guys talk against Islam.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Quote by Pizza The Hut

Seeing as he is over 33, pulling our chains. And lol on refusing to fly on planes, that'll show god
Benton's just an idiot who likes to joke around a lot and way too many people take him way too seriously.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by reef_d
He uses the controversy to market his music. Same way Marilyn Manson and others do this ****. Question is, Is he against Christians or against religion? I'd like to see these guys talk against Islam.

i home-recorded a song with 3 parts,
one against christianity, one against jeudaism and one against islam
Quote by freddaahh
He's just a joke, really, nothing more. If he's doing it for laughs and with a hearty sense of humour - which metal needs - then he's done well, but if he's deadly serious about the whole thing, then he's a complete joke.

Metal had a sense of humor, up until about 1995 when the ****heads arrived.

Does Glen Benton have a sense of humor? Hell yes. If you doubt me, interview the guy.
Quote by Pizza The Hut

Which he's now letting fade

Pity he's over thirty three
Random belegerance acomplishes nothing, especially not with a phone call. oh no, the prank phone call of doom! no to mention that if you deny god you're denying satan.
That's just idiotic.
Well, than it seems like he wasted time joining.
That's hardly original, he's not the first metal band to hate god.

he's an idiot. and he's seen bigfoot.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Black-Metal
i home-recorded a song with 3 parts,
one against christianity, one against jeudaism and one against islam

sounds original...
Honestly, it took me along time to get into Deicide because Ive always thought he was a dumbass. I look past his ideals and listen to the music. Some of the things ive heard him say were just blatant teen angst "i hate god", I almost want to tell the dude to grow up. However at the end of the day, Deicide makes great quality death metal.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
glen is hilarious, if you don't think so take your head out of your ass
My sig is better than yours
He made some good metal once upon a time.... he is a muppet but hes funny all the same, he takes the piss a good bit like.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
**** Deicide,

Vital Remains 4 life.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Deicide, Legion > Any of that new Vital Remains wank
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Conservationist
Metal had a sense of humor, up until about 1995 when the ****heads arrived.

Does Glen Benton have a sense of humor? Hell yes. If you doubt me, interview the guy.

I've seen one of his interviews, and he does seem like a laugh. But still, metal seriously needs to keep its humour or it will become a complete joke. What happened in 95?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Biggest.
Loser.
Ever.

Last time he toured Australia, someone threw a water bottle at him, missed him by about a foot and he got pissed and walked off stage. Had to end the show.
Quote by Fiddler
**** Deicide,

Vital Remains 4 life.

you do realize that it's possible to listen to more than one band, right?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Here's some more....

Having his soul cleansed of "goodness" so he could live a life completely opposite of Jesus.

He once said in an interview that he purposely let demonic spirits possess his body before the 'Deicide" and "Legion" recording sessions to enhance the evilness of his voice. I don't know if its true, but if you ever listened to songs like "Dead By Dawn" or "Sacraficial Suicide" there are non-human noises and voices in them.

You mean like guitars and drums?
Quote by Fiddler
**** Deicide,

Vital Remains 4 life.

Only old Vital Remains can even come close to competing with early Deicide and that was way before Benton got involved.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Shred Head

epic lolz right here shred head
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Shred Head

No, more like monsters and stange voices. Listen real close.
I think life has been pretty good to Glen. He creates Deicide, an impenetrable monolith of a vessel that he uses to express his hate for Christianity. He gets payed for all that as an "entertainer" or "artist", what you will. At this point there is no need for him to put that crazy thing called "creativity" into his newer albums. He can just rehash his old songs and continue going through the motions and continue to get paid for it.

The most interesting idea to me though, is if Deicide completely failed and disbanded let's say in the mid to late 90's, what would Benton be doing now? I mean, if music gave him a metaphorical kick in the balls, would he just continue making the sound of ass in cd format, or would he put his "talent" to better use.

I mean, could anyone really imagine Glen doing anything else? Imagine if he came to your door, inverted cross still in his forehead trying to explain to you why joining the privately funded Bentonian Sect of the Church of Satan would be a benefit to your life. Or if he was reduced to having a day job like most bands do. Imagine Glen working at a local department store selling toys to little children. He'd probably market his own toys and call them "Bible Bashers" and they'd be like crazy bones, but with spears and christians and whatnot. Or maybe he'd create his own satanic board game sort of like monopoly, but with chance cards that involve doing satanic rituals that may permanently turn your forehead into a pillar of religion-hating idiocy.

Or simply imagine Benton in the retirement home in 50 or so odd years, and he'll still be mumbling under his breath "damn christians and damn them kids and their music...." while some kids will be getting some attention on TV and be infinitely more blasphemous than he was in his youth.
I've found Jesus
^Idea for show: Glen Benton - 9 To 5.
Each week, Glen goes off to do a different run-of-the-mill job at different places.

I'd watch it...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Page 1 of 2