1 10%
Digitech Distortion Factory
1 10%
Digitech Death Metal
1 10%
Other (Please Specify)
0 0%
Voters: 10.
I want to get a good high gain metal pedal to use with my Explorer, at the moment I'm running it through a Behringer V-Amp ****tyFx and I want something new, I'm looking at a few, but which is the best here?

I play anything from Hard Rock to Death Metal (and most in between), so the pedal has to be pretty

The Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
Official Demo
Specs and Price

BOSS Megadistortion MD-2
World Music Supply Demo
Specs and Price

Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Gear Wire Demo Part 1
Gear Wire Demo Part 2
Specs and Price

Digitech DDM Death Metal
Unofficial Demo
Specs and Price
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I don't think anyone would recommend the Death Metal, but I loved mine. I loved the whole philosophy of how it's designed. But it's not really practical at all. And if you don't like the sound there's nothing you can do about it. But I loved mine, we had a wonderful two years together. But then alcohol stepped between us, it couldn't handle a splash of beer, and it died. I managed to revive it a bit but it was never the same, so I laid it to rest.

Actually I wouldn't recommend it either. But I cherish the memory of it.
Metal Muff. Dunno if it will do what your looking for, But its friggen awesome anyways for metal in general.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by Empty Box
Metal Muff. Dunno if it will do what your looking for, But its friggen awesome anyways for metal in general.

The Metal Muff is what I'm leaning towards at the moment. I'm looking for something that'll provide a classic Thrash tone say Metallica or Megadeth and a more modern tone like Slipknot, KSE or In Flames
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!