I really want a new guitar.
I formerly posted a thread about the ESP Viper 500.
I've changed my mind, i really want a new guitar that'll play Metal(core) well with a STANDARD trem no locking just a wammy bar but i'm finding it really hard to find a guitar that suits my needs.
My budget isn't brilliant i'm willing to pay up to £650 seeing as i'm only 16.

Any recommendations please ? would really help out.
Last edited by smi16 at Nov 19, 2008,
LTD MH-1000 is a beautiful guitar
LTD M-1000 too!
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
Last edited by RadioActiv3 at Nov 19, 2008,
Quote by RadioActiv3
LTD MH-1000 is a beautiful guitar
LTD M-1000 too!

Thanks but the LTD MH-1000 has a FR trem not a standard trem.
Quote by smi16
Thanks but the LTD MH-1000 has a FR trem not a standard trem.

FR trem's are great for metalcore...
Some divebombs,etc
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
When you say standard trem I assume your talking about the vintage style you get on guitars like a Fender strat?

If so I think you'll have trouble as most 'metal' guitars will have a locking floyd/khaler trem or be fixed bridge.

Edit: What about an Ibanez SA series, they have the SAT bridges. I've not played one so i'm not sure how good they are
Last edited by fergus74 at Nov 19, 2008,
Yup i know.
I've heard how hard it can be changing tunings and just a set of strings aswell.
I'm often changing tunings and dont like the idea of taking hours to change a set of strings.

But thanks
Quote by fergus74
When you say standard trem I assume your talking about the vintage style you get on guitars like a Fender strat?

If so I think you'll have trouble as most 'metal' guitars will have a locking floyd/khaler trem or be fixed bridge.

Edit: What about an Ibanez SA series, they have the SAT bridges. I've not played one so i'm not sure how good they are

Ah thanks the SA Series look really nice. With the non floating bridge.
yamaha pacifica 812v? those things are great, if you like superstrats. you could probably change the JB to something a bit more modern metal-sounding (bareknuckle ceramic warpig? no idea, to be honest).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez SA series?I have one, it's pretty good.Very light, versatile and has a fast neck(You might not like it though). Only drawback is that the bridge doesn't holds tuning very well.I don't know about the newer SAT Pro bridges though, I'm using the SAT30 bridge.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
If you want no trem, the Jackson DK2T should be an option, or maybe a used PC3 (Wilkinson tremolo). Charvel Model 1s also had standard trems and were great guitars.
^ i thought some of the PC3s had jt580LPs? or did some have wilkies?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ibanezshred333
Get a Jackson Dinky!

He doesn't want FRs.

What about the Parker P-44?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
PRS SE Paul Allender custom, pickups handle high gain well and the trem is a fender style. Sounds/looks great! Oh and it stays in tune, I've divebombed the crap out of it, and it hasn't gone out of tune once on me.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
That prs is the only good suggestion i've seen here, they've got great tone, but that whammy thing is a bad idea, it's tough to stay in tune with a standard whammy...
prs ses have good tone now (with stock pickups)? o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a fender american strat with a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge.. and it sounds brilliant for metal
Quote by Dave_Mc
prs ses have good tone now (with stock pickups)? o_O

I think it sounds good. I uploaded a video to show how it sounds. I also uploaded another video on the same setup to compare, its a cheaper guitar but it has EMG 81/85s. Both guitars have the same strings (.10 ernie balls), the guitars are run through a boss pedal for distortion and right to the amp for the cleans.

PRS SE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7ngWszvAw

EMGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCJx7le7Xk

I really like the Paul Allender, it feels unique because its a PRS type guitar thats metal and has the cool bats and it's purple hah. Although I'm not so sure I agree with the fellow who said it stays in tune if you go nuts on the whammy bar, I rarely use mine anymore because I found that it goes out of tune a bit (I don't consider it a problem though, it isn't that bad).

Hope that's useful!
Last edited by coolbeverage at Nov 19, 2008,
Quote by Broken-pick
Ibanez SA series?I have one, it's pretty good.Very light, versatile and has a fast neck(You might not like it though). Only drawback is that the bridge doesn't holds tuning very well.I don't know about the newer SAT Pro bridges though, I'm using the SAT30 bridge.

Well, there was this time I play dive bombs and still retain it quite well. Of course, three more divebombs and it's out of whack...

You can also go with Ibanez SV if you have the moola.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by coolbeverage
I think it sounds good. I uploaded a video to show how it sounds. I also uploaded another video on the same setup to compare, its a cheaper guitar but it has EMG 81/85s. Both guitars have the same strings (.10 ernie balls), the guitars are run through a boss pedal for distortion and right to the amp for the cleans.

PRS SE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7ngWszvAw

EMGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCJx7le7Xk

I really like the Paul Allender, it feels unique because its a PRS type guitar thats metal and has the cool bats and it's purple hah. Although I'm not so sure I agree with the fellow who said it stays in tune if you go nuts on the whammy bar, I rarely use mine anymore because I found that it goes out of tune a bit (I don't consider it a problem though, it isn't that bad).

Hope that's useful!

no worries, if you like it that's fair enough.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get an Old School Strat and wack a Hot Pickup in it, sorted and you have an awesome look....
Jackson RR5
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A