Instead of making 3 different threads I've squeezed these questions into one thread,

1. I've been thinking for a pretty long time about getting a Wahwah pedal, I like to play alot of different music styles so I think the Crybaby 535q would be a good pedal, I've heard that they're pretty versatile and that's what I'm looking for. Feel free to suggest other Wah wah pedals too.

2. When I heard buckethead play "Big Sur Moon" with the cool delay I immediately wanted to have that sort of sound, so I would like some recommendations about good delay pedals. I've seen Behringer, Ibanez and Boss delay pedals in my local music shop. I know there are alot more options than these, so feel free to suggest.

3. My last question is will my Amplifier be able to handle these sort of pedals, I've read that the Roland Cube series with their COSM modelling isn't very good for certain pedals, but will they handle Delay and Wah wah pedals.

As I alredy mentioned my music taste is pretty wide, I like listening to most kinds of metal except Death Metal and the more extreme genres, I like alot of kinds of rock like Dire straits, ZZ top, Motörhead, And I like clean and blues sort of music too.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Last edited by tweeb at Nov 19, 2008,
I can answer to your third question: the Cube DOESN'T handle pedals very well. I tried a few pedals and all I hear is a loud buzz (even with pedal off).
Does that include Wah wah pedals? Because that's what I'm saving up for at the moment, delay pedal comes second.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
the wah is good, especially for versatility which you say you want. its not brilliant at anything, but its good at everything.

check the ultimate wah thread for more info on wahs.

delay i cant really help you on.

but, and i say these for both of the above pedals, will you actually be using them for the purpose, or is it just a gimmick sort of thing? ie. will you get tired of these pedals after a few weeks?

the amp, is fine for bedroom use etc. but for jamming and gigs id really want something bigger, better and with a more natural sound.
If you have the money for it, buy the Boss DD-6. If it must be cheaper, maybe Ibanez or Digitech. For the Wah-pedal:
I was really exited for a Wah-pedal, searching on the internet and stuff for days. But when I bought the 535Q after testing for €180, and played it at home I was so dissappointed that I returned it 5 days later. When I tested it it was already less then I wanted, so be carefull with it.
Quote by ginjaninja
the wah is good, especially for versatility which you say you want. its not brilliant at anything, but its good at everything.

check the ultimate wah thread for more info on wahs.

delay i cant really help you on.

but, and i say these for both of the above pedals, will you actually be using them for the purpose, or is it just a gimmick sort of thing? ie. will you get tired of these pedals after a few weeks?

the amp, is fine for bedroom use etc. but for jamming and gigs id really want something bigger, better and with a more natural sound.

I've been think about the Wah wah pedal for months so I will propably use it, as for the delay I'm not sure yet I've seen a behringer delay pedal they're cheap so I could buy one of them as my first delay we'll see about it but the Wah wah pedal comes first atleast.

Quote by MaXiMuse
If you have the money for it, buy the Boss DD-6. If it must be cheaper, maybe Ibanez or Digitech. For the Wah-pedal:
I was really exited for a Wah-pedal, searching on the internet and stuff for days. But when I bought the 535Q after testing for €180, and played it at home I was so dissappointed that I returned it 5 days later. When I tested it it was already less then I wanted, so be carefull with it.

What do you use now then?
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
Does that include Wah wah pedals? Because that's what I'm saving up for at the moment, delay pedal comes second.

A wah pedal is fine, it's little more than a tone knob.

Amps like the Microcube don't like distortion pedals because they interfere with the input signal, and modulation pedals can be a bit iffy too. A wah or EQ should be fine, a delay would probably be ok too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Can I ask why you want a delay when the cube has one built in? Does it not have the time range for Big Suhr Moon (not a Buckethead fan).
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Can I ask why you want a delay when the cube has one built in? Does it not have the time range for Big Suhr Moon (not a Buckethead fan).

No it doesn't, I've tried to get the specific sound but I can't.

Looks like I've got the information I need for now, now I just have to test different wahs, and I'll leave the delay pedal purchase on hold for now, thanks for helping me out though .
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
yeah the cube delay is pretty poor only one nob so no real control over anything and its really quiet, i went to GAK and tried out a DD20 and its an awesome pedal, can do loads of things and sounds good and is pretty easy to use. however its pretty expensive. Dont buy behringer they;re cheapp but,from what i;ve heard at least, pretty poor