Right,
Normal day at school, i have to take my guitar in cause we got music lesson.
i leave it in the cupboard, were we have to leave it. Then i come back at the end of the day, AND ITS GONE!
its only my squire but its still worth £200 and my first ever electric.
im kinda pissed off and if its not back tommorow then i really dnno wat ill do, cause if i say to the school that they owe me a new guitar, they are just going to say "its your responsibility"
arrrgg, really annoyed
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
It aint lost< it was stolen! GOOD LUCK! sorry to hear that though.
+1

But at least you are lucky because you have music lessons with guitar at school... on my school we had only music lessons with flute
tell the headteacher, if he cant do anything get the police in, you left it with the music teacher (in the cupboard in the classroom) so it was their responsibility...

if you just left it in a random cupboard then its still their fault cos you said you were MEANT to leave it there...

either way, their fault not yours.
Where you forced to put it in there?

If that's a yes, blame the school.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by darrenjables
Where you forced to put it in there?

If that's a yes, blame the school.

Yeah, you have to put it in there
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
you don't have a case mate - if it doesn't turn up, you've lost it.

taking ur instrument to school is ur own responsibilty, they won't take responsibility themselves.

Sorry!
at least you've got another guitar...its a really stupid username if not.
Quote by megadethdefying
you don't have a case mate - if it doesn't turn up, you've lost it.

taking ur instrument to school is ur own responsibilty, they won't take responsibility themselves.

Sorry!
at least you've got another guitar...its a really stupid username if not.

I used to carry it around with me, but then said i had to put it in the cupboard, they told me it would be safe there, i would be carrying it around if they hadnt said anything
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
You will be very lucky if you see it again. Bad thing is, you will probally see whoever took it every day. And never even know they have it.
if they told you you had to put it there, then it's probably their fault.

that being said, don't go in all guns blazing at the start- be polite, tell the school what happened, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
I used to carry it around with me, but then said i had to put it in the cupboard, they told me it would be safe there, i would be carrying it around if they hadnt said anything

They told you to put it in there... I carry mine around when I bring it in, no one complains, If I was told to put in a cupboard I'd say no. Schools fault, and if they say "You shouldn't have put it in there" just say they told you to do it.

Either way, I'd hate to lose a guitar (or have it stolen) hope you find it!
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Last edited by darrenjables at Nov 19, 2008,
I would report it to the school and police as stolen . Lost is when you leave it somewhere and cant remember where. Some has to know who took it here in the stayes most schools have video surveillance if the school demands you store it some where it should be secure and they are responsible. I would make sure your parents call the school and demand something be done.
The school my be responsible but I doubt it very much they will buy you another guitar. True you need it for class, and true they told you to put it there. But Im sure somewhere they will find some rule that says TS your responsible for your own music instruments. You can report it as stolen but dont expect much to come of that either. Be thankful it wasnt an expensive guitar.
I always keep my guitar with me at school, I will carry it around everywhere. If I'm told that I'm to leave it in a closet where it will be "Safe" id ask for a receipt that if it Isn't there I'll get a new one of it.
Jesus! I'm sorry man. I hope you get it back.

Quote by Dempsey68
tell the headteacher, if he cant do anything get the police in, you left it with the music teacher (in the cupboard in the classroom) so it was their responsibility...

if you just left it in a random cupboard then its still their fault cos you said you were MEANT to leave it there...

either way, their fault not yours.

+1. Since you were forced to keep it there, it's the school's responsibility to keep an eye on it. If they don't cooperate, sic the cops on them.