just wondering cos my friend is getting an electro acoustic and seems to think effects pedals are gonna make his playing better. he thinks that he can be playing really badly and just use his effect pedal and he will sound amazing. i know he will get confused with a complex pedal (which i know he will get cos he aint content with starting out small). so i thought that if he could use his guitar on a modelling amp with built in effects it might help him.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
i can't understand why anyone would want to put effects through an acoustic guitar. :S
Quote by turbulenced
i can't understand why anyone would want to put effects through an acoustic guitar. :S

neither can i. if you sound **** putting a load of affects on isnt gonna help. it could even make it worse(talking about his playing not acoustic guitars)

Quote by _bacon_

anyone have an answer

Quote by _bacon_

Hmm... an acoustic guitar with chorus on it... I'd imagine it wouldn't sound that bad.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
it will sound horrendous! an electro acoustic thru an good tube amp sounds like ****, just imagine thru a small digital practice amp! your friend doesn´t know what he is talking about, effects will not make him better and if he wants an electro-acoustic then he should get just an acoustic amp or just a powered speaker for amplification!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
if he already has the amp then whats the harm in trying it. ive seen an electric acoustic through an ss amp with passable results(chorus and reverb as fx)
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
My friend plays his Gibson acoustic, on his Single Rectifier all the time, u just have to tweak your settings a bit to get it to sound right... And he plays on the clean channel...