Anyone got tips?

I think the best way would probably be a small diaphragm condenser mic about a 1-2 feet back aimed at the bell.

Anyone had experience with this before? How did/would you do it?

Thanks
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Yer i would probably do that too, best way is too probably experimeent and try different positions.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Quote by geetar_alex
Yer i would probably do that too, best way is too probably experimeent and try different positions.

Problem is I won't really have time. I'll probably have a 15 minute slot with the horn player, which is time enough to set up my gear and record 2 or 3 takes of the piece.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
yea try a SD condenser. Also setup a few mics to record at one time so you get more media to work with in a short time. I have heard the Shure SM57 is a good mic for horns so you may want to set that up if you have one.

Also search the Studio-Central board to see if they have any tips on this. I'm sure someone has run into this before and will have some good helpful advice for you.
thanks dave, yeah, I'm working with a 57, an AKG C1000S (SD condenser) and an sE2200a (LD condenser) so I think I'll put the 57 fairly close, the c1000 at about 1-2 feet and the sE maybe a meter or 2 away and fairly high compared to the others to get some ambiance.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?