I am looking to get a reverb and a delay pedal to go with my marshall hw2061x head that has nothing built in
What should i go for. I've been looking at the dd3 and the rv5 by boss.. People seem to like those. I don't have the money for rack equipment, just a couple of pedals that will sound good
If your looking at BOSS, i got two words for you, FORGET IT.

look at digitech Hardwire pedals, much better than you run a the mill BOSS pedal.

EDIT:Long story short, if you feel the need to get an amazing pedal get a hardwire, if your comfertable with boss, just get the equivelant pedal from digitechs regular line, the boss isnt any better, dont look at a price tag and judge a book by its cover.

IMO this is what alot of people do and thats why they swear by BOSS, when its really not all that better than a regular digitech, Im not saying its bad, Im just saying your paying a bit extra for the name.

There both analogue on there OD and DS pedals, they both use that buffering thing a majiger, practicly the same components, ones assembled in the US and the other in Japan, thats the only diffrence i see.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 19, 2008,
thanks, will look into those Just saw a Van amps sole-mate. gets good reveiws but a bit pricey
For reverb, I recommend an Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^ its nice, but it leaves alot to be desired.

Its not all that versatile, and hardwire makes a LEXICON one.

I bet its worth the extra 50 bucks.
You could try a Boss Rv-3. It's a delay/reverb pedal. Though it's better for reverb. The delay functions on it aren't that good in my opinion. And it's discontinued. I got mine from a friend.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by shadow__666
For reverb, I recommend an Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail.

I see many liking this so ill definately go try one out as it is also quite inexpensive and easy to find in my local stores.
Boss dd-3 is a very nice pedal.
I felt that the Boss reverb pedal is a bit over priced. Its unlucky that you have a marshall that doesn't have built in reverb.

DD-3 is good. It does the job.

Quote by THEKID546
If your looking at BOSS, i got two words for you, FORGET IT.

look at digitech Hardwire pedals, much better than you run a the mill BOSS pedal.

You don't have words for anybody, all you're doing is repeating what is the common notion that boss sucks.

They don't. I wonder how many higher level guitarists like using boss pedals enough to consistently use them. Steve vai would never use one. Malmsteens too cool for one right? Zakk wylde's beard is too long to use boss no? Adam's jones sound gets messed up by boss pedals right? Cris Cornell is too alt for it right? Kurt Cobain was high too much of the time to use his boss right? Adam D from Killswitch hates his boss pedals. Coheed and Cambria don't like boss pedals at all... too artificial right?

You don't know what you're talking about, read my sig, make your own opinions.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Nov 20, 2008,
Boss doesn't make bad pedals, there are better options but they also cost more. Some people say that the bypass is enough for them to not like them, others say they can't tell the difference. Try them out and see which ones you like.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by toton1989
You could try a Boss Rv-3. It's a delay/reverb pedal. Though it's better for reverb. The delay functions on it aren't that good in my opinion. And it's discontinued. I got mine from a friend.

The delay functions are the same as the DD-3. It's a pretty awesome pedal IMO. The reverbs are pretty good, and so is the delay. But when you combine the two it's win.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i'd pass on boss and digitech. electro harmonix makes a good reverb in the holy grail (great delay too, but it's really pricey). also, and i know some of you guys will slap me for saying it, but the line 6 stompboxes sound good, and they don't cost a lot. way better than boss or digitech.
my guitar player has the verbzilla, and it sounds great, and is very versatile compared with the holy grail's three settings and single knob. i haven't heard their delay (echo park, i believe) in awhile, but i remember being impressed with the quality.
both are about a hundred bucks.
Quote by sesstreets
I felt that the Boss reverb pedal is a bit over priced. Its unlucky that you have a marshall that doesn't have built in reverb.

You don't have words for anybody, all you're doing is repeating what is the common notion that boss sucks.

They don't. I wonder how many higher level guitarists like using boss pedals enough to consistently use them. Steve vai would never use one. Malmsteens too cool for one right? Zakk wylde's beard is too long to use boss no? Adam's jones sound gets messed up by boss pedals right? Cris Cornell is too alt for it right? Kurt Cobain was high too much of the time to use his boss right? Adam D from Killswitch hates his boss pedals. Coheed and Cambria don't like boss pedals at all... too artificial right?

you realize boss pays a lot of these guys for their sponsorship, right? and i know adam jones mods his boss pedals. they're not stock. still, you have a point. some of their pedals aren't bad.
why not rack equipment?

there are some reeeaaally nice reverb/delay units you can get used cheaper than most pedals

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by razordimeback
mxr carbon copy is nice (it's a delay)

and an ehx holy grail

maybe an od pedal to tighten up the amp a bit.

get those and a wah and you'll have all you need

sorry i know this was a thread about reverb and delay but you said you have a enough for good pedals so i told you good pedals lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by sesstreets

I dont believe you read the thread earlier, in no time whatsoever did i say boss sucks, I only said in simple terms, if you want BOSS quality then get a regular Digitech equivalent, the BOSS isnt the hands down winner, it never has been.

Thats all i said, I havent owned an arsenal of BOSS and Digitech pedals so I might be a bit rash for saying this, but in all reality is a BOSS pedal so much uber better than a Digitech equivalent for cheaper, or is it practically the same?

This is why I say just get a digitech equivalent, save some money, dont pay substantially more money for a product that is more or less as ive said many times, the same on paper and quality.

Just go try them both out, and id the BOSS blows your mind away, and does something twice as better as the Digitech then go for it.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by gonzosrevenge55
i'd pass on boss and digitech. electro harmonix makes a good reverb in the holy grail (great delay too, but it's really pricey). also, and i know some of you guys will slap me for saying it, but the line 6 stompboxes sound good, and they don't cost a lot. way better than boss or digitech.
my guitar player has the verbzilla, and it sounds great, and is very versatile compared with the holy grail's three settings and single knob. i haven't heard their delay (echo park, i believe) in awhile, but i remember being impressed with the quality.
both are about a hundred bucks.

PLUS 1000000000000.

They sound way better than the digital and analog counter parts digitech and boss makes.

Anywho ive gone of topic.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by Mitchell?
Delay: MXR Carbon Copy is nice.
'verb: I'm a fan of the EH Holy Grail

do it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by sesstreets

And i just read your sig, its so Ironic, especially with your post and all, really gave me a laugh, you ding dong.
Quote by sesstreets

Oh, I actually consider myself pretty fortunate to have a marshall that doesnt have a built in reverb

And seriously if your just gonna defend your own boss pedal by all means, that wont help anybody. I apreciate your time and input, but please don't harass others of different opinions in my thread
Quote by timzee117
and an ehx holy grail

maybe an od pedal to tighten up the amp a bit.

get those and a wah and you'll have all you need

sorry i know this was a thread about reverb and delay but you said you have a enough for good pedals so i told you good pedals lol

thanx for yout input I already have a good od pedal, and will be looking into clean boosts as well, as I really could use that more, as I get both cleans and superb overdrive from the amp itself. I really only need something to add a little extra for soloing and some leads So far I actually like the EH clean boost, cheap, simple and quite transparent

Back to topic I will go try the holy grail and compare it to others. As for delay I will try some different stuff you guys have mentioned, but am in favour of the mxr already

thanx to all for your help. will let you know how it goes
a holy grail reverb and a mxr carbon copy delay will make you happy
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard