Poll: Epiphone Valve Standard or Fender Super Champ XD
Poll Options
View poll results: Epiphone Valve Standard or Fender Super Champ XD
Epiphone Valve Standard
15 54%
Fender Super Champ XD
13 46%
Voters: 28.
I'm stuck onm which amp to get at the moment. My budget is around £200. I would prefer cheaper because I have to pay money for my guitar.

Genres : Classic Rock, Blues and light metal.

Will be gigging.(but for Bedroom practice aswell)

Cheers

EDIT: I don't really care about effects.
Last edited by Jak Archer at Nov 19, 2008,
Ive got to vote for the champ XD.
Its just the best hybrid out there for damn cheap.
better moddeling than flextone with that oh so sweet tube sound.
i didnt even know there was such a thing as Valve Standard...

maybe Blackheart Little Giant/Handsome Devil ?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
if you're not in for the effects, getting the super champ XD for gigs is a joke.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^yes a super champ is good only for the effects, its a good versatile hybrid, that beats any solid state stuff out there, flextones, tech 21.

Its ****ing great.
The Valve Standard is a killer amp. Very dark voiced, if you're against that.
Comes down to the bells and whistles. If you have to have them the XD is the only way to go. To make a valve standard as versatile it will be alot more expensive. It would be better, but that's to be expected with more cash.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
thomann.de are selling the valve standard for £99 at the moment. dont know if this helps or not...
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
thomann.de are selling the valve standard for £99 at the moment. dont know if this helps or not...

Do you have the link for this please
I have just found the Epiphone Valve Special looks pretty good and cheap. Has anyone played this amp?
I have a valve standard. I love it. It's does everything I want it to do. The only down side is the bass gets really haevy when you tun the volume up. Just crank down the bass on the eq and problem solved though. I would recommend changing the tubes, stocks aren't all that great, and eventually i want to change the speaker in mine. The DSP effects are lacking but that can be said about all onboard effects in an amp at this price. Definitely give it a try though if you can find one. I know they aren't amde in the US anymore, not sure about other countries though. PM me if you have any other questions about that amp.
Quote by wjhender
I have a valve standard. I love it. It's does everything I want it to do. The only down side is the bass gets really haevy when you tun the volume up. Just crank down the bass on the eq and problem solved though. I would recommend changing the tubes, stocks aren't all that great, and eventually i want to change the speaker in mine. The DSP effects are lacking but that can be said about all onboard effects in an amp at this price. Definitely give it a try though if you can find one. I know they aren't amde in the US anymore, not sure about other countries though. PM me if you have any other questions about that amp.

Epiphone amps are not sold in England anymore which sucks so I'm just going to look elsewhere.