I was just looking through a new catalog i got in the mail. And my eyes fixed on the new GIBSON reverse explorer! That is the uglest guitar i have ever seen! The headstock is hideous! I cant beleive GIBSON made this guitar! Has anyone else seen one of these?
I used to want an Explorer until I saw the reverse.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by jaffawoman
I used to want an Explorer until I saw the reverse.

Why would that change it... just don't buy a reverse Explorer?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i really like them
the pickguard on it should be on a non-reverse explorer
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
the reverse V was even worse lol
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by ChemicalFire
Why would that change it... just don't buy a reverse Explorer?

Because whenever I see and explorer now, I see the reverse explorer. Plus, I've got an even better guitar since
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
So...Old....
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by Shredx
the reverse V was even worse lol

reverse Vs don't look quite so bad in the flesh but are a horrible shape to play... i feel dirty for playing one...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
very old, gibson made a mistake there.. ive always found the Jackson Kelly more attractive than the Gibson Explorer
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I have no idea what the designers at gibson are doing with these REVERSE guitars. I guess they are getting bored cranking out the same old Les Pauls and SG's every single day.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
I have no idea what the designers at gibson are doing with these REVERSE guitars. I guess they are getting bored cranking out the same old Les Pauls and SG's every single day.
Except they're not even doing that. They've recently changed a lot of the features on the basic LPs and SGs to bizarre standards with asymmetrical necks and even more drastic chambering.

Right now, the Custom Shop has a few good things going for it, but the regular production Gibson lines need to be avoided. Don't give those crazy buggers any of your money, it'll only provoke them further!
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
They were both abominations!
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by hell_monkey
So...Old....

+1
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
I love Gibsons and was a huge Gibson collector for a long time and I don't care for the reverse bodied guitars but these are or were guitars of the week and are limited in production they probably will have some collectors value in the future. Unless they build them in regular production later. I would buy them if I could score them cheap enough just to hang on to but as far as playing them I doubt I would, they look as if they would be hard to play and look where the strap button is on the Explorer, without a strap locks that guitar will be hitting the floor for sure! LOL I do like the pick gaurd I would mind seeing that on a regular Explorer.
I would sell my children for it. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but it looks awesome.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
just a horrible idea. The sad thing is i know some of the hardcore gibson guys will buy these. Im sure its a great sounding guitar. And gibson does make nice stuff. But i have never seen them as the holy grail, like some do.
I think I dislike that Gibson was written "GIBSON" every time in that post more than I dislike the reverse explorer, and I'm not a huge reverse explorer fan.

But seriously, a change of headstock and it'd be cool....if the idea wasn't totally shanxed from Paul Gilbert's Reverse Iceman which is going to be a production model next year, I think I'll give the Gibby a pass
Old news, man. Sorry to burst your bubble, we heard about it around July or August.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Gibson should stick with what they do best...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i hank hill'ed
baaaaaah
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2