I recently tried a JSX combo and fell in love. I am a lead player and it was the best sounding amp I have tried. It has great tine and can do bedroom voulmes as well as club volumes becuase of it's seperate channel volume and master volume setup. The only problem is that it way's a freaking ton. Does anyone know if anyone makes an all tube amp that sounds this good that is smaller. I currenlty have a Laney Lionheart 5 watt combo on order and figuered if worse comes to worse I could always throw some pedal's in front of it. Any opinions would be appreciated.
be a man and tote it around with you. i do that with my 5150 combo. until you get a tech crew/ roadies, get used to toting heavy crap

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Put some casters on it if it's that big a deal.

Or you could just suck it up and carry it around.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Get the head and a 2x12 cab. Will sound better than the combo anyway.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Check out the little one that made for Satriani. I forget the name, but it sounds like it's right up your alley.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I thought casters and tube combo amps were a no-no?
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
^ How told you that? Many tube combos come with casters
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Nah. The Mini Collossal sounds nothing like the JSX. It's weak, thin and has a different, much lower gain voicing.
The 2x12 JSX is a very heavy combo. Heavier than others the same size actually.
Casters may be an option, but hastly pushing a tube combo around can cause tube and componant rattle. Especially rolling it over sidewalk cracks or any small obstacle on the ground.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I have actually a degenerative spinal disease. So can not push lift or pull it around. Even if I am playing at home, sometimes I want to move stuff from my music room down into the living room. My Mesa was too heavy at 70 lbs which is part of the reason I got rid of it. So I know the JSX will be way too heavy at 80. Like I said, the other avenue I thought of going was getting the Lionheart and putting a nice or couple of nice pedal's in front of it. If I go that route I will probably go with a Keeley DS1 with the ultra mod and a Keeley TS9DX.
I'm sorry to hear about your disease dude...
:sadface

would the head / 212 cab option that Matrix suggested work for you or even a 112?

I can't personally speak to the Lionheart but that sounds like it would be miles away from a JSX. Not a fan of the DS1 option either but I really do see your situation. I don't know how much the new 60w tubed Vypyr would weigh but that might be another potential option.

Edit: I know the head is heavy too
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 19, 2008,
I have actually a degenerative spinal disease.

Ah, don't be a bitch

The lesson for today kids, read the whole topic first
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I would put casters on it, or get on of those things movers use to pick up dishwashers and shizznat.

It's like a wee dolly?
Get an amp cart. Like a golf cart, except mod it to carry a half stack in the back.

Holy ****, that would be awesome if someone engineered one that was like acoustically good, and you didn't even have to take it off.

Oh my god I am a genius
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Get an amp cart. Like a golf cart, except mod it to carry a half stack in the back.

Holy ****, that would be awesome if someone engineered one that was like acoustically good, and you didn't even have to take it off.

Oh my god I am a genius

LOL

That made my day.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by mcrfobtai

sorry, I didn't read.

Question: Do you have a girlfriend

Dude....

Just stop
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by mcrfobtai

sorry, I didn't read.

Question: Do you have a girlfriend

You're going to hell

aha
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120