We keep gettin official noise complaints from a ****ing neighbours...

okay, so its gotten as far as as DB readers being installed next door, so for the next month my housemates and i have to quite down so we don't get our gear taken away.

things is, we dont actually make that much noise, its hard todo ANYTHING without gettin a f00kin noise complain from our council, we completely stfu for a week and still got complaints from them.

you may think "oh everything will be fine if they stay quite, they be proven wrong", not the case. we have assessments and auditions we have to practice for. We all goto Brighton Institute of Modern Music. We have 3 week until our practical exams which determine weather or not we stay on the course, amongst many other reasons we have to play.

Anyways, can the pit think of anything that will help us out?

Or anything that will help us get our revenge?

they have dogs, anyone know where we can find a clip at a high enough frequency to send them gaga?

cheers
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
go to a studio, and i dont know... rape?
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Acoustic? Lower volume? Headphones?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by stueey
okay, so its gotten as far as as DB readers being installed next door, so for the next month my housemates and i have to quite down so we don't get our gear taken away.

things is, we dont actually make that much noise, its hard todo ANYTHING without gettin a f00kin noise complain from our council, we completely stfu for a week and still got complaints from them.

you may think "oh everything will be fine if they stay quite, they be proven wrong", not the case. we have assessments and auditions we have to practice for. We all goto Brighton Institute of Modern Music. We have 3 week until our practical exams which determine weather or not we stay on the course, amongst many other reasons we have to play.

they have dogs, anyone know where we can find a clip at a high enough frequency to send them gaga?

cheers

practice somewhere else or unplug your instruments? but drum muffling devices? What do you want the pit to tell you?
My mate had this thing on his phone that was teh highest pitch sound you would have ever heard, play that thru your amp and it would send you insane. (and maybe deaf)
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
we play at minimal volumes, our house mate play acoustic but hes still loud. the dude that played drums has moved out. cant afford headphone coz we can barely afford food.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Soundproofing sounds like a good idea.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!

Surely not this neighbour?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by stueey

cheers

Don't mess with the dogs you arse, just complain to your council that because of your neighbours constantly complaining about your noise levels you can't practice your music for your higher education and if you can't pass the courses you'll be living off of benefits for years, they might tell your neighbours to STFU or they will move them. End of your problem.
If they offer to move you then all you have to say is "Well, that's merely moving a problem we still have to practice even if you move us so our new neighbours would complain"
Quote by frankv
As long as you don't play the drums you can practice without turning your amp on, right? And I was under the impression you're allowed to make as much noise as you'd like until a certain hour in the evening.

We had an enviromental health dude tell us thats not true apparently.

the problem with not playin through an amp is that u cant always hear if ur muting string properly and handling distortion.

we cant afford soundproof, plus we are renting. can barely afford this place and its the cheapest place we found.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Where do you actually practice? A garage or something? Can you soundproof it? Just get some thick carpets and/or matresses.

I'd agree with all of the above, but try just turning the bass down. You'd be suprised the amount of times I've been told to 'turn that racket down', then just cut the bass instead.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Dean Cadillac
Gibson SG
Custom-made V

Amp:
Randall RM100M

FX:
Boss TU2 Tuner
Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Sig. Crybaby Wah
Digitech "The Weapon"
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Digitech Synth Wah
Digitech Whammy
get sound muff materiel and put it on the walls and ceiling in the room you practice
Quote by frankv
As long as you don't play the drums you can practice without turning your amp on, right? And I was under the impression you're allowed to make as much noise as you'd like until a certain hour in the evening.

Yea, our neighbours complained about our dogs barking (even though they only ever bark when someone they don't know comes up the drive grrr), but anyway the dog warden came and just laughed and said provided its during the day they can bark as much as they like as far as he's concerned...

Might be worth contacting the council or checking regs on the web for what the rules actually are wrt how much noise you are actually allowed to make and when...
belive it or not, some marylin manson and a few cradle of filth songs have higher than human hearing pitch sonics in them designed to give you an unsettling feeling in your stomach (jury is out as to whether it works or not)...at any rate, a friend of mine plays alot of manson in his apartment and it drives his neighbors dog crazy through the wall, you might try some of that if you wanna make the dogs go nuts...
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Nov 19, 2008,
Have you tried making a deal with your neighbors? Such as certain hours that you can practice that they will settle on (plus a written agreement)... Its a lot better than having your neighbors get mad about the dogs and maybe blame that on you too.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by metalisbest
Have you tried making a deal with your neighbors? Such as certain hours that you can practice that they will settle on (plus a written agreement)... Its a lot better than having your neighbors get mad about the dogs and maybe blame that on you too.

we agreed a cut off point was 8pm,

yet, weve had complaint for 2.30pm-4.30pm.

we have complaints for 1230am-2.30am, but we are all sleepin for 8.30am starts next day.

also, i just baught those 99p headphone off eaby, i just need a one of the jack size changing thing so i can stick it in my amp. lol
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by stueey

we have complaints for 1230am-2.30am, but we are all sleepin for 8.30am starts next day.

also, i just baught those 99p headphone off eaby, i just need a one of the jack size changing thing so i can stick it in my amp. lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5mm-to-6-35mm-headphone-Jack-adapter-converter-UK_W0QQitemZ360108287764QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item360108287764&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by stueey

I bought one of these for 50 cents at my local multimedia store.

You put it in your headphones exit and stick your headphones in the converter.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by stueey

Sounds like you just have obnoxious neighbours who don't like you for some reason
Quote by stueey

I don't know if you got Radio Shack over in the UK, but here in the US you can get a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter for a few dollars so over in the UK maybe a pound or two. Just go to an electronics store.
GAS List:
Nothing
I understand your pain, dude. Back home in London, the people below me used to complain to no end about the apparent "noise" I was making even when playing acoustic or unplugged. Now I've gone, they've decided to focus their attention on my elderly grandmother as well as being totally hypocritical by saying that the woman who lives down there with her boyfriend can't handle the loud noise because she's pregnant and then playing their music at full volume.

To actually contribute something vaguely useful - explain that your playing volume is totally reasonable and that as a musician you need a certain amount of noise to work.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Seriously, though, you practice indoors, right? Not on their front lawn, not in a big garage with the door gaping open? There's no way you should be bothering them that much. Do their dogs bark at all? Because if they keep dogs outside, it's almost got to be louder than anyone playing music inside a sealed building. I say, report them every time you hear their dogs so much as whimper, and maybe they'll start seeing how unreasonable they're being.
Quote by goth clash
I understand your pain, dude. Back home in London, the people below me used to complain to no end about the apparent "noise" I was making even when playing acoustic or unplugged. Now I've gone, they've decided to focus their attention on my elderly grandmother as well as being totally hypocritical by saying that the woman who lives down there with her boyfriend can't handle the loud noise because she's pregnant and then playing their music at full volume.

To actually contribute something vaguely useful - explain that your playing volume is totally reasonable and that as a musician you need a certain amount of noise to work.

Another reason to leave Salford
Where about's in Salford do you live? I live in Salford too!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Another reason to leave Salford
Where about's in Salford do you live? I live in Salford too!

Lol that happened down in London, mate.
In Salford I live on the Adelphi campus just behind the university, if you know where I'm talking about. Also, if you go to the McDonalds near the Crescent station you'll probably have seen me working there.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.