Hi guys

So I was fixing my guitar yesterday, attached a EMG 81 to the bridge, but it barely gets any output (even though there is sound) and it doesn't get any additional output when I plug the battery in. It's as if the volume is turned up like 50% instead of 100%.

Any ideas?
Could be bad wiring. This happened in a friends guitar of mine. If theres even one wire soldered to much in there it will do this.
Did you install it yesterday?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
maybe the battery is low, or the settings on ur amp like gain is turned down, or ur guitar volume, i know its pretty ovb, but it happens
Yea I changed the battery twice so it can't be the battery.

Yea I guess it's the soldering, but how does the signal go all the way through then?
Wire is probably halfway on there with to much solder. Thats what was wrong with my friends. take it off and do it again. That fixed his. annoying I know. I know how to install pickups and have done it many times but I'd rather pay someone to do it nowadays. I've ran into so many headaches doing that ****.
Quote by hcsn2008
Wire is probably halfway on there with to much solder. Thats what was wrong with my friends. take it off and do it again. That fixed his. annoying I know. I know how to install pickups and have done it many times but I'd rather pay someone to do it nowadays. I've ran into so many headaches doing that ****.

Yea well this scared the **** out of me m8.

You guys don't think there's a chance that the EMG is broken?
I mean it was tucked in real good so I know it's kind of... impossible.
I doubt it. Theres not to much to break they usually last forever. It's just the wiring. I can almost bet that's what it is.