Ive been way over my head in metal, I need some funkay, chill, or generally groovy basslines/song with funkay bass predominant etc. etc. and general funk, chill, etc. thatll get me into bass. I checked that other thread but wasnt interested.. also, my random question, In the song Psychosocial by Slipknot, at 0:07, is that the bass coming in the back ground (the lower pitched bit) or is that just the other guitar, and the bass is way inaudible?
JAMIROQUAI

Bass....me thinks.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
^ beat me to it.

Listen to a lot of old motown too. anything Jamerson played will be up your alley
^and you beat me at that suggestion.

As usual--Tower of Power, Average White Band and the kings of N'awlins funk, the Meters are a few suggestions.

And honestly, thought I couldn't stand the music at the time, a lot of mid -seventies dance club music has some damn tasty bass hooks. Ohio Player's "Fire" and "Love Rollercoaster" are fun as hell to play...
But its true

Maybe even just for some chilling stuff, try Moby, widen your music out a bit.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Take it easy on saying Funkay, it doesn't make you any cooler.

The Chicken is not funk per se, but is very groovy.

Rats by Pearl Jam a pretty funky, groovy song, at least the verses.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
look at some reel big fish, sublime and some brothers johnson
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I am surprised no one mentioned the chili peppers, anything off of freaky styley or the uplift mofo party plan flea=funk
Quote by ben&his4stringz
I am surprised no one mentioned the chili peppers, anything off of freaky styley or the uplift mofo party plan flea=funk

I would actually say there's probably a solid 3 or 4 funk basslines on Freaky Styley, and then the rest are that fast funk rock hybrid that isn't actually funk at all.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
some rap has really funky bass lines, a lot of will smith songs do lol or check out bust a move and rapper's delight
Rapper's delight is actually the bass line from Chic's Good Times. Which in and of itself is very very funky. Bernie Edwards bass lines are great--Chic's another gold mind for great bass.
Parliament or Funkadelic

Basically anything with bootsy collins in it. Hes the man.

There are a few bands that no one knows about but check out Lettuce, Soullive, and Medeski Martin and Wood. Oh yeah and Galactic, very new orleans style jazz but my god does it groove.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe