Master of Puppets, Ive been playing around a month and a half, and I'm wondering if this song would be to advanced for me, I can play the intro but, it looks to become so much more advanced, anyway, I'm looking for some pretty easy songs to learn, i think i jumped the gun with master of puppets, any suggestions are appreciated thanks
After one month and a half? Too advanced for you. If you like metal and you want an easy song here you go... Edguy - King Of Fools.
haha, actually, master of puppets was my first song, and i remember how badly i struggled with it!! but after 3 months of constant practise i could nail the whole thing at the original speed with the slow solo (though my right hand would fall off after the 7th minute)
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Only a month and half of playing isn't really enough experience to learn Master of Puppets. I gets tough fast. If you wanna learn something along the lines of hard rock/metal then I would suggest "Snowblind" by Black Sabbath. The song is pretty easy and the solo doesn't take much skill. Probably gonna have some trouble on the outro, but if you use a lot of repeat licks and trills you should be alright. You have to know how to detune your guitar though. I think it's in C- Standard tuning.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
I haven't really fooled with the diffrent tunings yet, can it still be played in standard, or does it sound completly off?
Quote by MountainBoy79
I haven't really fooled with the diffrent tunings yet, can it still be played in standard, or does it sound completly off?

Snowblind is tuned to C# and you would have to tune that low to play it along with the original song; you could play it in standard tuning but it wouldn't sound quite right.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
A good Metallica song for a beginner would be For Whom The Bell Tolls. It's a pretty easy song. You'll probably only have trouble with the palm muted riff in the intro and the... solo thing. The lead part in the intro could be difficult, as it's quickly repeating the same thing for an eternity.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Play what you want, but if I were you I'd be learning the easier 'Tallica songs first:

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sad But True
The Memory Remains
Devil's Dance
I Disappear

And then move on to stuff like:

Creeping Death
Disposable Heroes
Whiplash (really not as hard as it sounds)

and maybe the fiddly ones like

Nothing Else Matters
Unforgiven
Fade to Black
learn for whom the bell tolls.thats easy enough.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.