hey guys,

im new this sort of thing so be gentle...lol.

anyway...

ive just installed a trial version of Amplitube v2 (just to see how good modeling software is) and all im getting from me speakers is buzz....and when i play something there is a few seconds lag before it eventually does come through my speakers and with even more buzz.

ive got my guitar plugged right into my pc using the mic/line in port, i have no idea if this is the correct ay or not.

could someone tell me how i can stop all the buzzing and stop all of this lag time?

thanks in advance.
Quote by rock rocks
hey guys,

im new this sort of thing so be gentle...lol.

anyway...

ive just installed a trial version of Amplitube v2 (just to see how good modeling software is) and all im getting from me speakers is buzz....and when i play something there is a few seconds lag before it eventually does come through my speakers and with even more buzz.

ive got my guitar plugged right into my pc using the mic/line in port, i have no idea if this is the correct ay or not.

could someone tell me how i can stop all the buzzing and stop all of this lag time?

thanks in advance.

so you are plugging the guitar straight into the computer? Are you using an 1/8" connector form he out of oyur guitar to the in of the computer? I am not sure how well this will work, because of latency. But you may just need to tweak the buffer settings in Amplitube. For recording, you want the buffer to be as low as possible without any distortion, 256 is a good buffer setting and should allow you to play with little latency..

you probably are going to have to spend some $$ on an audio interface. This will alow you to record in with good quality sound (make sure its got Hi-Z impedance for your gtr.) and to not have lagging aka latency.

hope this helps my man.

catdaddy