I’m a huge jeff beck fan. He inspired me to play guitar. I just the new version of “cause we’ve ended as lovers.” His new album is coming out on novemeber 25 and I can’t wait to listen to it.

Here’s the link. Let me know what u think

http://fontana.edgeboss.net/wmedia/fontana/jeffbeck/cause_weve_ended_as_lovers.wax

umg
Last edited by jrbassman712 at Nov 19, 2008,
I'd like to get into Mr. Beck's music, but all the songs I listen to from him don't happen to really showcase his playing.
What should I listen to?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
"Cause We've Ended As Lovers" has been around since 1975, it's off a Blow By Blow, one of my favorite albums. He is one of my favorite guitarists.
The man is a god. Cause we've ended as lovers is legendary. I think I have 4 or 5 of his albums.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
my favorite album is "wired" and "blow by blow"

i heard he's on tour out of the U.S. Has anyone else heard this?
Quote by Dave Gilmour
I'd like to get into Mr. Beck's music, but all the songs I listen to from him don't happen to really showcase his playing.
What should I listen to?

Blow By Blow or Truth will convert you. Truth is chalk full of the kind of guitar techniques that would become passe in the decades to come.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
I was at the last of the Ronnie Scott gigs he did last year. It's only a small venue, holds about 300 people and no seat is further than 25 ft from the stage. It was amazing to see him so close. I am looking forward to the DVD of the shows coming out next month. The BBC broadcast an hours worth of material from the gigs recently and that was extremely good, lots of close ups and one number with Eric Clapton from the last but one gig. He also did a rockabilly set that night with a different band but there's no sign of it being released. The last two gigs are out there as bootlegs and worth getting.
"Blow by Blow" will blow your mind away, my favorite of his albums and definitely top 5 of my fav. all time.

other good ones:
Wired
Jeff Beck Group
Rough and Ready (cant find the CD, only vinyl...weird)
Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live

and if you want british blues go with "Beck-ola" or "Truth"
'Music is the best"
Zappa
I adore Jeff Beck, and I really dig his Mid 70's fusion stuff especially, my favorite album is probably wired
this will sound dumb but...what's his bands name? cause i've looked at music stores under 'beck' and theres only the new band called beck, no jeff, and i've been trying to get into some of his music!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Well he performed with a few groups, the yardbirds, the jeff beck group, beck, bogert, and appice, and his own solo work
Most of his stuff you will find under Jeff Beck.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
i'm seeing him in january
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
Quote by baylewis
i'm seeing him in january

where?!?!?!?! is he touring?!?!?!?
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
where?!?!?!?! is he touring?!?!?!?

in australia,
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
I'm always annoyed whenever there's a Jeff Beck thread because nobody mentions Guitar Shop. It's one of my favorite albums ever, and it showcases his writing better then anything I think. Here are my two favorite performances by him:

The Pump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCvlXpKeGzk

Goodbye Porkpie Hat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ej3BdMpgZw
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
His version of A Day In The Life is amazing,very amazing.
Quote by King Krapp
Once, I had just finished, and my dad knocks, walks in, and says "Wow, smells like chicken in here."
yea his "a day in the life" is really good!

and yea i like guitar shop too, your right, its not mentioned much
'Music is the best"
Zappa
I got Wired on vinyl for xmas...amazing album!
Quote by Mister.Y

I've got it on vinyl too man...and it's great. but i'd probably suggest going to the more active thread in Blues and Jazz forum!
Quote by Mister.Y

yea this jeff beck thread is teh suckage! blues/jazz got the happening one.
'Music is the best"
Zappa