and hearing his tone he got out of his Marshall vintage combo, which was amazing. I'm very tempted to look into buying one along with a fulltone OCD.

I have a GH100L and a Orange 2x12 which i love but I'd like to have a combo as well

Here it is on gak, would love some opinions on it!!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72449

In case you haven't seen my post on the electric guitar forums (sorry if you have)

Paul did this to my guitar last night!

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Don't really need it with the GH100L, i noticed last night the neon light on his OCD was Blue, so what version does he have?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
thanks, can i have some more opinions on the Marshall amp?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
they're great amps but overpriced that really all there is to say
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
How overpriced?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
it's just that it's a marshall they're always overpriced. 620 isn't to bad though
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i haven't tried the combo, but i didn't really like the halfstack version i tried. it was really hard to dial in a good (even decent) tone without it either being too muddy, or too harsh/trebly, and it didn't really start sound any better than "total crap" until the volume was ridiculously high. i know valve amps are meant to sound better when cranked, but that was verging on ridiculous... they're meant to sound good at low volumes and only sound better as you turn up, not sound rubbish unless the windows are shaking...

definitely try one to see what you think, but i didn't like the one i tried (i didn't try it with a b00st/overdrive pedal, though, that might improve things). i vastly preferred the jvm, if you must stick with marshall, but you'd have other options as well (the engl screamer in your sig, for example)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
listen to dave, haha, i only tried it for about 10 min with a Tubescreamer it didn't sound that bad
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
i can't remember how long i tried it... i was trying it with the shop guy fiddling with the controls etc., in the end we gave up on trying to get a good tone...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
K thanks dave, I'm telling you though it sounded brilliant at volume, but Paul can probably make any amp sound good....
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
yeah, that's true. also, for all you know his is modded or something. and as i said, i haven't tried it with a boost.

i mean, definitely try it yourself, you may like it. Just don't get too excited in case you have a similar experience to the one i did (and several other people around here felt the same when they tried it).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
From Paul himself

First of all, the Vintage Modern doesn't even have a "Gain" knob. It has "Body" and "Detail"
knobs which are a really unique feature of the amp.

"Body" is a low frequency overdrive knob.
"Detail" is a high frequency overdrive knob.
So you can actually EQ the amp with these knobs before you start fine tuning with the usual treble, bass,
mid, presence knobs.

I vary my settings slightly depending on the acoustics of the room, but here are my favorite settings in
general:

BODY: 5.5
DETAIL: 4.5
MID BOOST: ON
DYNAMIC RANGE: HI
TREBLE: 5.5
MIDDLE: 4
BASS: 6
PRESENCE: 5.5
MASTER VOLUME: 8.5 (With the THD Hot Plate plugged in to reduce the output to the speakers)
REVERB: 1

This amp gives me the richest chords and biggest, punchiest single notes I've ever had. I hope you guys get
a chance to plug into one and CRANK IT UP!

Keep in mind, without a Hot Plate, this will be LOUD!

Also, this setting is my default 70's hard rock setting. To kick it into a METAL sound, I use an overdrive
pedal to boost the signal a little bit.

If you don't have a Hot Plate to use, just turn the Master Volume way down, and turn up the "Detail" a
little bit.

You won't have all the magic of the power tubes being pushed hard, but it will still sound really good. I
practice at home with this kind of setting all the time.

Enjoy,

Paul

I sold my hot plate, hated it
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I've played the Vintage Modern. It's okay, kinda thin (but then again, Paul's tone is kinda thin). Overall it's definitely overpriced.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
How mnay times is this OCD thing going to come up. V4 has shipped with both Blue and red led's. Mike himself has posted about this numerous times. If you have a serial number #16061 and up are v4 regardless of the LED color.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I've played the Vintage Modern. It's okay, kinda thin (but then again, Paul's tone is kinda thin). Overall it's definitely overpriced.

It is overpriced

Remember when we saw him though? damn he could play...
Quote by ClementWave
It's not a version 4 then

I bought it direct from Fulltone and it has a V4 serial. See the post below.

Quote by guitarchris76
How mnay times is this OCD thing going to come up. V4 has shipped with both Blue and red led's. Mike himself has posted about this numerous times. If you have a serial number #16061 and up are v4 regardless of the LED color.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the combo, but i didn't really like the halfstack version i tried. it was really hard to dial in a good (even decent) tone without it either being too muddy, or too harsh/trebly, and it didn't really start sound any better than "total crap" until the volume was ridiculously high. i know valve amps are meant to sound better when cranked, but that was verging on ridiculous... they're meant to sound good at low volumes and only sound better as you turn up, not sound rubbish unless the windows are shaking...

definitely try one to see what you think, but i didn't like the one i tried (i didn't try it with a b00st/overdrive pedal, though, that might improve things). i vastly preferred the jvm, if you must stick with marshall, but you'd have other options as well (the engl screamer in your sig, for example)...

+1
Very fizzy distortion.

You can hear Paul use it on some of his new tracks.

BTW, I'd put some kind of protective coating over his signature. Maybe clear coat over it..
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?