UG,

This is the first pedal I've bought out of necessity, but I need a delay for a gig on 4th December.

Obviously I want it to be a fully functioning part of my rig, so I'd like to get a decent one that's robust enough for the road. I'm not really interested in a lot of different types of delays, and I'd like a delay that's pretty faithful to the original sound (i.e I'm not the type of person to go for a tape delay because I like the deteriation).

I play Metal, Funk, Funk Rock and Alternative, with a bit of punk thrown in.

P.S This is, unfortunatley, going in front of my amp (Rocker 30 has no FX loop) so if there's a pedal that works better in that sort of situation then feel free to tell me so.

Thanks for you help.
used DD7? or a memory man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
But then considering I'm paying in Pounds Sterling it's not too relevant

I don't know about Boss, their bypass isn't great. Do you have any suggestions with a good bypass? This isn't a "leave on all the time" thing.
MXR Carbon Copy? an old DD-6 is a really damn good pedal (I want one too) and you can nab it for 80 bucks or so used.
boss has some of the best delays you can get. but if you dislike them that much look into the EHX memory man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
bypass (and the fact you have no loop) is going to be the problem, i'd have thought. i have a digitech digidelay, and it's alright, but i'm pretty glad i have it in a parallel fx loop, and can switch it completely out of the circuit, if you know what i mean...

those new digitech hardwire pedals seem to be getting decent reviews (i haven't tried them though)... might be worth a try, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cheers Dave, and Bostonrocks, RG.

It IS annoying that my amp doesn't have a loop (I'm considering modding one in in the future) but for now I'm stuck with it.

I'm always wary of tube pedal reviews as I'm sure loads of n00bs go "zOMG T00b" and give it 10 out of 10 for the sake of it having a valve in there. I'll definitely try to try one out though.

On the other hand, I may have to bite the bullet and go for the DD-7...I'm sure the bypass can be dealt with if it is too cumbersome and tone sucking. What interests me about the DD-7 is the tap tempo on an external footswitch, because I have a BOSS FS-6 which has two switches, one of which I'm not using. If it turns out that I can use the two switches independantly (the other one switches my amp channels) then it might be enough for me to tip over to the BOSS side.

Bostonrocks: I did consider it. I'll definitley have to try one out.

RG: The CC's too expensive, I simply don't have the cash to go over £100 atm. Thanks anyway.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i would avoid trying to deal with electro harmonix, i find them overrated and not entirely what you expect. *braces self for flaming*
Quote by AICfreak
i would avoid trying to deal with electro harmonix, i find them overrated and not entirely what you expect. *braces self for flaming*

Was that stupid post really worth of bumping a dead thread?
I like the behringer VD400 if you're after a nice analog delay on the cheap, clone of a boss dm-3, i have some clips on my profile.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Sguit
Was that stupid post really worth of bumping a dead thread?

that is true. apologies. but i'm in the market for a delay pedal and didn't realise it was a dead thread
Quote by bartdevil_metal

It IS annoying that my amp doesn't have a loop (I'm considering modding one in in the future) but for now I'm stuck with it.

You could get a True Bypass Looper Example - http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/major_bypass.html

Also, you could have a look at the Carl Martin Red Repeat, that's meant to be good and Tonerider are bringing out a delay pedal.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly