Poll: Have You Ever Written a Song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have You Ever Written a Song?
Yes, and I'm proud of it
75 64%
Yes, but I don't like it
20 17%
Yes, but it was only a joke/it wasn't a serious song
2 2%
No, but I'm trying
14 12%
No, and I have no desire to/haven't tried yet
7 6%
Voters: 118.
Inspired by my recent discovery of the "create new project" button in Guitar Pro, I ask you, Pit, have you ever written a song of your own?

PlayEDIT: I realized, I didn't answer. Yes, I have written a few for my band, but I don't like them. The rest of my band does though.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Last edited by PlayMadness at Nov 19, 2008,
Kinda. It was Jimmy page style so in alot of ways no.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yes. I've written a handful of original works and another handful of arrangements from established music and I write for a variety of ensembles. I'm also studying as a composition major...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm not gonna lie to you. Yes I have.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I'd imagine most people in here are songwriters if they are in bands, even if the songwriting is with the band together...

Yes I've written many songs for bands and solo pices.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Im in the process of doing that right now, but im way too lazy to sit down and write out the guitar parts i think of, so thats not good.
Several, but I don't know if I'd show them to anyone.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
if you can't write good songs, you'll never become a truly successful musician.

Good songs separate a band that "makes it" from a struggling "underground" band.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes. I've written a handful of original works and another handful of arrangements from established music and I write for a variety of ensembles. I'm also studying as a composition major...

A simple 'yes' would have sufficed.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I've wrote a few songs with lyrics and I don't really like them, though I have a few instrumental compositions I'm proud of. Plus me and my bands bassist have wrote an number of pisstake and comedy songs for our wee side project.
written a couple of solo chord progressions for my acoustic and am in the process of putting lyrics to a song that my band made up but its not really going anywhere :S
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

Yeah, loads of my own that I'm happy with.

My band are more pop orientated, so most of the time I'll just record an acoustic/keyboard/vocals demo andthe guys will add their own touch to it...except that lazy as **** bassist who always complains the basslines are no fun, but won't make one himself >=[
Yeah I write songs. I can't write lyrics for **** though, so they almost always end up just being guitar parts that I might save for when I finally find a band that I enjoy being in.
H e l l o .
my profile + made another song but never recorded it + I made a rapsong

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by duncang
A simple 'yes' would have sufficed.

No way.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, but I don't plan on forcing anything.

I'm not going to sell myself short.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Yes, would you like to read one?

I don't know if they're any good, they're probably more good starting spots, and should be added onto and edited.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by insurgentsteve

Good songs separate a band that "makes it" from a struggling "underground" band.

Someone's lost fairytale land...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, never. And I guess I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not having done it. I don't know if I will unless I join a band in the near future, though.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Never did the whole thing, but I usually was the one who outlined the basic structure of songs in my band and who wrote most melodies for guitar and bass. I used to help out with the lyrics, too.

So I never really wrote a whole song, only pieces of music, but I voted 'yes' anyway. Ha.
I should remind people who disappointed with their own lack of songwriting that you don't have to be a songwriter to be a good musician, despite what immature and inexperienced people will tell you.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I write songs, and perform them at gigs mixed in with covers.
Death to Ovation haters!
i've written like 100.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by Kensai
Kinda. It was Jimmy page style so in alot of ways no.

You tracked down some black guys and got them to write a song for you then took credit?

Yeah I have.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yep, I've got a few under my belt, two of which I think are very good. Can't wait to get the recorded, and get some interest from other musicians.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I come up with lyrics all the time, and as a result I need to write music for about 6 songs.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Yeah, but I haven't RECORDED any of it yet. There are three "orchestral" things on my profile, everything else is posted in the Tabs and Chords section.

I'm only proud of about 10% of them.
Yes, I have written quite a few... kinda. By that I mean I've written a lot of rhythm sections for songs but not every one of them has a solo yet. That and I don't have any other band members to flesh out everything.
Quote by insurgentsteve

Not really.

I know a lot of underground bands with awesome songs, I know they won't make it. Why? because they aren't rich. Money = Success.
ಠ_ಠ
Wrote an album's worth
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again