Can anyone recommend me a decent keyboard to buy?

I want to learn to play the keyboard in addition to the guitar and singing BUT I have no idea about what's good or bad, etc. I've heard that beginner level keyboards aren't worth buying as well, which adds to my confusion about the whole thing.

If it helps, I'm mostly interested in learning classical pieces with the piano sound, but obviously I'd like to learn other things too (A-ha's Take On Me for example ).

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Matt.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
A key-tar. The only way to look cool playing keyboard.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
I like to play keyboard in addition to the guitar... If you want to start DON'T buy a cheap keyboard, trust me. I don't know so much about different models but I tried 2 cheap keyboards and they suck. Buy a medium-level one.

amidoinitrite?
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

First off you are looking for a Digital Piano...not a "keyboard"...

The yamaha PSR line is good and has great piano sounds. I have been using the 340 for years and love it. It isnt weighted or semi weighted but is still nice to play.
Roland makes better digital pianos but you will pay quite a bit for them.

If you can afford it, the Yamaha YPG-625 is an outstanding unit for the price although you should try these before buying as some people dont like the bright sound of some digital pianos.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 19, 2008,
I have a Roland G7X and it is great. it is more of workstation though , like you can layer A LOT of tracks and there are a ****load of tones.

If your looking mainly for classical play, I would get one with a pretty basic interface and weighted keys. Just make sure it is a reliable company and isn't a complete bag of cow droppings.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by aleb

amidoinitrite?

In my opinion....yes.

Also...
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
In my opinion....yes.

Also...

sorry for the big pic

also:

(Invalid img)

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator

That is the most awsome thing I have ever seen!!

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.