I know you can transpose the tuning in guitar pro but usually its all messed up. Does anyone know if you can move everything up 2 frets automatically. I'm trying to turn a song in e standard to d standard but im too lazy to do it manually.
thanks
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
I don't understand what you want to do exactly. You want to move all the notes 2 frets up, still in standard tuning, please explain a bit more

What song is it?
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
I know what you mean.

When you choose the tuning and it asks if you want to transpose, just click "no", and it will alter it without 'messing it all up'.
Well, wait, I didn't understand. You want to:

- Change the song tuning. E.g the song is tuned in E but you want to play it in D.

Or:

- Change the guitar tuning. E.g. the song is tuned in E, the first chord is a G and you want to play the song with your guitar tuned in D (so your first chord will be an A).

?
Ok here is what i want to do:
Change the tuning from e to d standard but say no on transpose. Then move all the notes up 2 frets.

I can move them up 2 frets manually but it takes a long time and i have to do it note by note. so does anyone know if there is a way all the notes up 2 frets at once
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
Change the tuning to D and then say no to transpose, that will put the song into D standard.

Then press Ctrl+A to select all notes, then go to Tools->Transpose and pick +2 semitones
Quote by ravioli123

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
Quote by ravioli123
Change the tuning to D and then say no to transpose, that will put the song into D standard.

Then press Ctrl+A to select all notes, then go to Tools->Transpose and pick +2 semitones

I tried that but it puts the notes on different strings and not 2 frets up. I think its just the same as picking yes to transpose when you change the tuning.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
Quote by Jonakin
I tried that but it puts the notes on different strings and not 2 frets up. I think its just the same as picking yes to transpose when you change the tuning.

Weird, it doesn't do that on my copy, what song is it??
Quote by ravioli123

Most of the people replying are dumb and for some reason didn't understand the question... there isn't any way to prevent that from happening, as far as I know. It's called 'automatic fingering position' and its supposed to make it easier to pay. I just change each note one by one.