I want to buy this guitar.

So far, I have only owned two guitars, an Epiphone 200S (i think thats it, some sort of similar name) and a Paul Reed Smith EG SE. Both presents, Epi bought for about $200, and the PRS for about $400.

So, I'm asking you guys for some help with this.

A- I'm 90% sure the guitar's original MSRP was about $700, and the model was discontinued in 2004. So, if I find a decent(everything works, minor nicks, etc,) one of these guitars what would be a good price to pay?

B- Should I jump on any offers that come by or are there plenty of these babies floating around?

C- What sort of issues come from buying used Scheters in general?

Thanks for any info guys.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
I just recently bought a brand new carvin guitar and will not have use any longer for my scheter c-1 elite. Its in near perfect condition and setup extremely well. The only issue it has is the knobs the tone and volume are loose and like to come off the pots but that could easily be fixed. If you are interested PM me and we can arrange something through ebay or paypal for much less than $700.
Did you have to change the setup at all or was it setup decent from the factory?
Depending on the condition, you should easily be able to get an unscratched one for around $600. They're great guitars, and the only long-term problems i know of are loose knobs and wires, which is to be expected on a Schecter.
So if I found one for $415 should I assume its f*cked and not bother with it?
Did you see it in person or internet? If in person, play it, because it may just be cosmetic problems which isn't really a big deal, but over the internet, you can't really tell.
Quote by fnmpm
Why are the guitars on this site so much cheaper than retail? Maybe its just the one's I've seen...

They have a close relationship with schecter. If you look at the ones that other stores actually have, the prices are the same (from what I've seen). I bought my tribal amber C-1+ (special finish, not normally available) and it's awesome.
How is the c-1+? And what is the difference between diamond series and regular?
Quote by fnmpm
How is the c-1+? And what is the difference between diamond series and regular?

The C-1+ is awesome. Finish looks great, neck feels very comfortable (think between a strat and a les paul, but closer to a strat). Pickups are good stock, but I'm considering changing them to get a more specific sound that I'm looking for.

And diamond series just means production models. Schecter started as a custom shop, so I guess they had to distinguish between production and custom somehow.