I saw a documentary on cloning and what they could do with ti so i decided to make this thread (no poll)

Do you think cloning humans would be a smart choice?
Makign a super-race or having deformed kids

Personally im undecided, if cloning is used to recreat brilliant people or to help married couples where one of them is steril, but not to create a superrace

What are your comments on cloning humans?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Last edited by Snuffles at Nov 19, 2008,
I dont think its ethical to clone a whole human and I dont think scientists would ever consider it.

Cloning human organs for transplant however, is a good idea, and you dont need a whole human for that, you grow individual organs in the lab.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
If it is for the benefit of humanity, then we should have it.

Anyway, it would be mildly amusing having a clone of myself
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I dont like the whole super race idea, but I dont think it's unethical. As long as theres someone to be the childs perant, and he/she isn't just a experiment
no super race, they will rise up and take ove
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by thedudemeister

Anyway, it would be mildly amusing having a clone of myself

Only untill the whole series of events enters into a depressing inevitability where the clone rebels and you realise that the making of a clone was a bad idea and somehow try to get rid of it

...sorry
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by Guitardude19
I dont think its ethical to clone a whole human and I dont think scientists would ever consider it.

Cloning human organs for transplant however, is a good idea, and you dont need a whole human for that, you grow individual organs in the lab.

+1, I think organ cloning is a wonderful practice that could save countless lives.

However, cloning an entire human being for any reason is probably not a good idea. Harvesting their organs is unethical and cloning them simply for the hell of it is a superfluous use of science and funds.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I Vote super-race!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
we need to make a clone army soon b/c russia is pretty pissed
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Cloning whole people = wrong.

Cloning seperate organs for people of specific blood type, weight, etc = right.

One is beneficial, one is just a dumb fantasy some people have.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Cloning humans would lead to so many problems, I'm totally against it.
But if it was possible to clone body parts without cloning the person, I'd be for it.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by aleb
Only untill the whole series of events enters into a depressing inevitability where the clone rebels and you realise that the making of a clone was a bad idea and somehow try to get rid of it

...sorry

Way to ruin my fun
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by stupidhurts666
Clone Muhammed Ali and make him fight himself LOL

I would totally watch that!!
it would be epic!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
'Bring brilliant people back to life'...hmmm, you would have to recreate their exact environments to bring about their 'brilliant' attributes, and what use would another Einstein under those conditions matter? They'd just bring about the same theories etc as they had. So that wouldn't work.

Only acceptable and practical uses of cloning would be for harvesting stem cells and cloned tissues for organ transplant (overcomes possibility of organ rejection and renders immunosupressors obsolete) and for research into disease.

EDIT:

Quote by deathbyawesome
Cloning humans would lead to so many problems, I'm totally against it.
But if it was possible to clone body parts without cloning the person, I'd be for it.

This is where many people have problems. Cloning to harvest stem cells for such a purpose with all but a few methods destroys the embryo (or rather the morula or the blastocyst stage of embyonic development), and people think this destroys a conscious being...*sigh*
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Last edited by A8039077 at Nov 19, 2008,
super race... Sounds like WOII...
Though this is my stuff (I'm studying bio-engineering) so I feel kinda obliged to answer...
Cloning is only done with an eye on gaining health and having better life quality. Cloning ppl and letting them clones walk around is a pretty sick thought I think. The ethical stuff surrounding it is huge and the problem would be very undiscussable. It would probabely tear apart entire nations and international alliances (because the possible ideas about the clones can be so different, and religion would play a major part in the discussion).
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Quote by fastlanestoner
we need to make a clone army soon b/c The Sith are pretty pissed

Fixed
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
i dont give a **** about ethics. this isnt a matter of ethics, its a matter of common sense. i mean, we're going to get overcrowded within a matter of time as it is, right? how would making more people fix that?

fkin scientists.
Quote by A8039077
This is where many people have problems. Cloning to harvest stem cells for such a purpose with all but a few methods destroys the embryo (or rather the morula or the blastocyst stage of embyonic development), and people think this destroys a conscious being...*sigh*

It may not be conscious but it is human, if left in it's current environment it will develop just like anyone else. It doesn't matter if this little sac of cells has feelings and emotions or even a conscious, it should receive basic human rights seeing as it is really a basic human.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
It may not be conscious but it is human, if left in it's current environment it will develop just like anyone else. It doesn't matter if this little sac of cells has feelings and emotions or even a conscious, it should receive basic human rights seeing as it is really a basic human.

Yeah and it would be weird knowing your a copy of your dad or aunt or whatever

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
ethics- philosphy - only religion and philosophy thread
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish