Hey UG,

I am new here and hope to contribute in the near future.
I have a question and yes, I have searched the forums already and yes, I have searched google and everything. So here it is: I got a Boss DD-7 Delay pedal not too long ago and I have been fooling around with it...I realized though that there is no warp delay like the DD-6 has. My friend has a DD-6 and I noticed that he can play a chord and it will hold it indefinitely, then when he plays another, it switches. This is extremely useful for playing something like, for example, shine on you crazy diamond part 1 by pink floyd; there is a synth in the back that can be replicated with the warp delay.

So my question is, is there a way I can set up my DD-7 so that it oscillates a chord indefinitely, or at least for like....10 seconds-ish?

Second question: i noticed that when you play something, it delays into the amp, but when you click off the dd7, it slowly pulls the delay away. i want to play a delay riff then take off delay and solo over it without having my solo enter the delay sequence. i have two amps and i tried the "delay + effect" setup with the dd7 but i cannot seem to do what i want.

sorry that this is extremely long, but i just cant find answers anywhere....help me?
you can. set the feedback to max and delay time to as long as you wish (my guess is also max).

funny yhing you can try is that you reduce the delay time while the chord/sound repeats. always fun to do.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
i know exactly what you mean, but tell me this then. the chord is ringing right? now i want to do a clean solo with the delay part as the backing track. how do i move from delay to clean without turning off the looping feedback?
don't know that neither. only have a DD-2. Guess your better of getting a looper.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
hmm...i dont think so. maybe another question i have is does anyone know of any other gadgets or pedals that have a "warp delay" sort of thing? in other words, an indefinite delay feedback that can oscillate a chord while a solo plays over?
all i know is that the hold function loops things, like a chord, maybe if you looped it. but it's not the same as holding indefinately because it loops you strumming the chord so its not like ringing out...but you can loop 1 chord then play over it on the dd7...the hold feature on it rocks