Dunno whether this belongs here or Alt./Indie, so please move if its in the wrong place

Anyway, the band. Incredible. Andy Gill's guitar playing is phenominal - just the pure rhythmic attack of his playing...the bass and drums are so tight - what a rhythm section
<3 Gang of Four

Entertainment! is my all time favorite album, and Gill's style really changed the way I approached guitar playing.

Solid Gold is a really great album as well. Hard, which was on the 2 LP's on 1 CD along with Solid Gold, is awful though. Way too disco.
Quote by neidnarb11890
<3 Gang of Four

Entertainment! is my all time favorite album, and Gill's style really changed the way I approached guitar playing.

Solid Gold is a really great album as well. Hard, which was on the 2 LP's on 1 CD along with Solid Gold, is awful though. Way too disco.

I used to listen to them alot a few years ago...just listened again there now, still as good as I remember

Its amazing how many bands today have copped Andy Gill's playing...any new 'indie' band for example

Any idea how Gill got 'that' sound?
Quote by lp345
Its amazing how many bands today have copped Andy Gill's playing...any new 'indie' band for example

That is very true.
I like them, I only have Entertainment! though...I started listening to them after my uncle wouldn't ****ing stop telling me to get their ****...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
this band is so terrible. No influence whatsoever, what are you all crazy!? If they were sooo influential, then why aren't they like Deep Purple or something worth while? Oh and food for thought:
A bass player who tries to bring the white boy funk is no good bass player at all. OMG.

Quote by Doolittle
this band is so terrible. No influence whatsoever, what are you all crazy!? If they were sooo influential, then why aren't they like Deep Purple or something worth while? Oh and food for thought:
A bass player who tries to bring the white boy funk is no good bass player at all. OMG.

why are they in your favorite bands section of your profile?
i smell troll
Dick+strings= owww
I enjoys me some Gang of Four. I only have Entertainment!, but Ether, Natural is Not in It, Damaged Goods, Anthrax, and At Home He's a Tourist are pretty much the ****.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by lp345
I used to listen to them alot a few years ago...just listened again there now, still as good as I remember

Any idea how Gill got 'that' sound?

He used solid state amps (he preferred small ones if I'm not mistaken) and turned them up until they clipped harshly.