Is it bad to keep crank my 15 watt amp to 10? I always turn it down when switching it on/off.
ur gonna blow the speaker lol
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
it will sound like crap, but it shouldnt blow the speaker. if anything it would blow the amp itself first.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
if it is a good amp. a 10 watt amp will probably get blown. there are lightbulbs with more watts then your amp
it's probably a solid state, so it probably sounds like crap, but as long as your speaker can handle 15 watts it shouldn't be too bad.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by a7xplayer
if it is a good amp. a 10 watt amp will probably get blown. there are lightbulbs with more watts then your amp

Could that be more irrelevant?

You ought to be alright, worst comes to worse you'll break the amp and have the opportunity to get a better one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Could that be more irrelevant?

You ought to be alright, worst comes to worse you'll break the amp and have the opportunity to get a better one.

lol, that's how i got my new one (except I dropped it down the stairs on my way to guitar lessons)
Theoretically it shouldn't be a problem because there's a reason that the knob can dial up to 10.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
even still, moving the speaker that much on a practice amp, will usually cause buzz noise over time.

but you know what, it's a practice amp, so use it and have fun wt it.

as you start to upgrade, it'll just sit in a closet anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
they design electronic so that the controls can be maxed out, as long as the input is not boosted more than the one they test/set settings at at the factory, it won't damage it at all. maybe after long periods of time but that's it.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
amplifiers (and most electronics) are tested so that their maximum normal ability is less than their maximum capacity. at 10 it wont be damaged, unless you use pedals or something that boost the volume further than 10.
though i would imagine it would sound crap.
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
it's probably a solid state, so it probably sounds like crap, but as long as your speaker can handle 15 watts it shouldn't be too bad.

hahaha, u are a hilarious asshole. Guess I better get a new amp too then. Or maybe weaker lightbulbs.
Quote by Watterboy
hahaha, u are a hilarious asshole. Guess I better get a new amp too then. Or maybe weaker lightbulbs.

I'd go for the weaker lightbulbs.
I take it back, better amp sounds more fun....