Alright so ive got the body cut out and sanded. The next step is routering all the pockets. But i know that the next is supposed to be set at angle for the bridge.... but i have no clue how to do it.

This is the bridge im getting:

It is a les paul style body. The neck has 22 frets, and on the guitar i took it off was a flat neck (strat style) and the pocket depth is 3/4". How do i go about setting a good angle for the nexk pocket?

Also on al the guitar i have seen the bridge its self always is placed in the guitar on a angle (TOM) why is that should i have it like that? like the bridge gradually slants upward as it gets to the higher strings

Please help i need it really bad

thanks so much!
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
i vote, recess the bridge. then you dont have to worry about any angles.

also, what wood(s) is that body made of?

EDIT: i think i read that wrong

"It is a les paul style body. The neck has 22 frets, and on the guitar i took it off was a flat neck (strat style) and the pocket depth is 3/4". How do i go about setting a good angle for the nexk pocket?"

why not just route it flat, then recess the bridge like i said before, thats what i would do personally.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
how would you go about recessing the bridge?.... i got a guitar off ebay and i stole that neck and im putting it on the guitar im makeing... its made of magohany(sp) and walnut
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']how would you go about recessing the bridge?.... i got a guitar off ebay and i stole that neck and im putting it on the guitar im makeing... its made of magohany(sp) and walnut

You would drill the holes for the bushings than rout out a part atleast the size of the bridge so it sits lower.
Hmmm well i really dont want to do that... So how would i go about angling the neck? since i know the right depth is 3/4 inch for the pocket would you say to just router out the pocket and then do a 3 degree angle for the pocket after i have routed it? or make the it so the lowest point of the angle is at 3/4 of a inch and the highest would be 2 degrees higher?... ALSO how do u calculate the angle... plus why do the TOM bridges sit on an angle on the guitar... like they slant upwards
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50

^ its simply done by marking where your bridge goes, then routiing around it, and mouting your bridge 1/4" or however deep in it needs to be, for proper action.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']Hmmm well i really dont want to do that... So how would i go about angling the neck? since i know the right depth is 3/4 inch for the pocket would you say to just router out the pocket and then do a 3 degree angle for the pocket after i have routed it? or make the it so the lowest point of the angle is at 3/4 of a inch and the highest would be 2 degrees higher?... ALSO how do u calculate the angle... plus why do the TOM bridges sit on an angle on the guitar... like they slant upwards

this question has been anwsered already.

Quote by ClementWave
The saddles always slant for intonation AFAIK.

by saddles, he means the whole bridge.

also, they slant from a 1/8 to a 1/4" depending on the intonation
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Now what i see the recessed looks like im probably going to do that. But for my last question... On guitar like on the actual guitar it is slanting up like the routering is not a straight line.... it slants upwrdds on the guitar the parrt you have to route...
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
If the bridge is a Tune-O-Matic, you can put it at an angle, to allow for better intonation on the bass strings. I can't remember what the angle is though, but you're right.

The neck angle depends on the guitar. 3.5º should be okay for a Tune-O-Matic bridge, but you may need to recess the bridge slightly

^^^^ what does that mean^^^^
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
anyone?
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
its saying the angle of the neck pocket would be 3.5, but it still might not be enough., so you still might have to recess your tom.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
how would i go about recessing the stop bar instead of a string thru?
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
stop bars fail. string thru ftw
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
^ depending on the guitar but I would usually agree, but LPs are more suited to stop bars.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Its is a LP.... do i have to recess the stop bar to?
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
no. It works better with String thru ferrules though, much (IMO) cleaner looking. I bet that the weird angle between the bridge and the stop bar might mess something up though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']Its is a LP.... do i have to recess the stop bar to?
Probably, you might wanner go string thru instead, because you need a good break angle over the TOMs saddles to get them to stay in place while your playing, a stop bar might be too high for that and the strings will come out their slots.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Probably, you might wanner go string thru instead, because you need a good break angle over the TOMs saddles to get them to stay in place while your playing, a stop bar might be too high for that and the strings will come out their slots.

that's basically what I was getting at. Thanks for getting it said well though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
my LPDC has string thru... I love the way it looks. I'd actually do string thru on an LP as well... I prefer it.

if you want to mount it above the surface, you'll need like a 4 degree neck angle. There are a few ways to do this.

1) make a neck pocket jig and shim it to the correct angle

2) rout your neck pocket a little deeper and laminate an angled piece onto the heel of your neck
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology