A friend of mine was able to get me a retail copy of the album early, and I took a listen this morning on my way to school.

Everyone has pretty much heard Human and Spaceman, but I can safely say that those are probably two of the worst songs on the album. Most of the tracks have a great Queen, layered harmony thing going on with them, along with traces of Elton John style Piano rock. While some of this stuff is going to seem derivative as hell, it's surprisingly good. "The World We Live In" for example isn't anything you haven't heard before, but it still sounds fresh despite the obvious nature of where the sound was derived from.

Despite the Queen/Elton John/Bowie formula for most of the album, The Killers manage to expand their sound to different styles of music. "I Can't Stay" bumps a reggae bass-line and simple 3 chord guitar with horns and a brief saxaphone to cover the harmonies. And honestly, it's a GREAT song, which is something I can't say about most Killers tracks.

Overall, the album is a savior to a band whom in my opinion, had one decent album (Hot Fuss) and one seriously flawed album (Sam's Town) and it serves to give the band the validity they (Again in my opinion) lacked before hand. It proves that they're not just a pop-rock group who occasionally comes out with a hit amongst nothing but filler.

I suggest everyone go out and give it a listen once it's officially released. ESPECIALLY if you're into Queen/Bowie/Elton John and won't mind hearing the Killers' take on that style of music.
I thought Sam's Town was great. Judging by "Human" (so I've only listened to the single, it's not like anything else has been officially released...), I don't feel like I'm buying the new album. I enjoyed the brash, Springsteen-like songs of Sam's Town, so I don't want to hear them sounding like Queen or Elton John (even though I like Elton John).
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
They have really retreated from that on here. The only issue I have with the album itself is that the Killers' seem to lack their own sound now.....even though the album is really good. The song Joy Ride for example, sounds shockingly like "Love is the Drug" by Roxy Music, and one of the bonus songs seems to be sort of similar to The Strokes.
Hot Fuss had me from the start. Sam's Town put an engagement ring on my finger. Sawdust has kept me entertained while i wait. If Spaceman really is the worst track on the album, then I may just let this album be the mother of my musical children.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I'm looking forward to the release. Human is a great song so the rest should be brilliant.
I don't like any of their new stuff, especially Human. I don't think that they sound anything like Queen, and aren't even on the same level by a long shot.

It's too bad that I don't like any of their new stuff; I really liked their first album.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
The new Killers are awful, Sam's town was a disappointment

They need to get back to their roots (guitar driven stuff)

Human is a terrible song.
I disagree. I bought the CD today and I think it's a good album. It has a few average songs on it, but The Killers are still up their with the catchy tunes.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
A friend of mine was able to get me a retail copy of the album early, and I took a listen this morning on my way to school.

Everyone has pretty much heard Human and Spaceman, but I can safely say that those are probably two of the worst songs on the album. Most of the tracks have a great Queen, layered harmony thing going on with them, along with traces of Elton John style Piano rock. While some of this stuff is going to seem derivative as hell, it's surprisingly good. "The World We Live In" for example isn't anything you haven't heard before, but it still sounds fresh despite the obvious nature of where the sound was derived from.

Despite the Queen/Elton John/Bowie formula for most of the album, The Killers manage to expand their sound to different styles of music. "I Can't Stay" bumps a reggae bass-line and simple 3 chord guitar with horns and a brief saxaphone to cover the harmonies. And honestly, it's a GREAT song, which is something I can't say about most Killers tracks.

Overall, the album is a savior to a band whom in my opinion, had one decent album (Hot Fuss) and one seriously flawed album (Sam's Town) and it serves to give the band the validity they (Again in my opinion) lacked before hand. It proves that they're not just a pop-rock group who occasionally comes out with a hit amongst nothing but filler.

I suggest everyone go out and give it a listen once it's officially released. ESPECIALLY if you're into Queen/Bowie/Elton John and won't mind hearing the Killers' take on that style of music.

Thats the biggest load of crap i've ever heard to start with...

Hot Fuss - AMAZING
Sam's Town - SUPER AMAZING
Sawdust - SUPER SUPER AMAZING
Day & Age - OUT OF THIS WORLD

an 2nd the Killers still have their own sound but there is nothin wrong with experimenting with other styles

* You Sir Are a Dick*
They came out with a new CD? Where the hell have I been? Oh well, I might have to check it out...I havent really gotten back into them after Hot Fuss. I'm slacking.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

IMO:

Hot Fuss-Awesome but got old quick
Sam's Town-Frucking brill, easily one of my favourite albums ever
Sawdust-Was ok, wasn't terrible but wasn't amazing
Day and Age-A few songs are ok but I found most of the songs quite bland.
--------