lately, i have been listenening to a lot of more normal rock music like radiohead and pink floyd, and theres nothing wrong with that, but i want to get back into metal, can someone reccomend some heavy but not to heavey metal, and i don't mind growls.
what do you like? we need some more to go on, here.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by ML7
Slayer?
Or thats too heavy?

if he doesn't mind growls i fail to see how slayer could be too heavy.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
if he doesn't mind growls i fail to see how slayer could be too heavy.

Well i know people that say its "too" heavy. But thats opinion. Idk whats thats dude thinks whats too heavy.

In that case, Shadow Falls?
All that remains?
Que?
Yeah, that's what I want to know! Everytime there's an incredibly dumb thread about Christian Metal or something you get tons of retards that come in going "ya i liek metl but im xtian cuz satnz bad but i stll listen to cob n slipnot cuz deyr not stanatistsis"? I mean you never see any of these morons in the normal threads, so where are they coming from!?

EDIT: I was referring to Diminished's post.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
yeah uh, REC THREAD?

but while I'm here, check out Eluveitie. Folk/Celtic/pagan metal with the sickest screams/growls. I love their vocalist
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Yeah, that's what I want to know! Everytime there's an incredibly dumb thread about Christian Metal or something you get tons of retards that come in going "ya i liek metl but im xtian cuz satnz bad but i stll listen to cob n slipnot cuz deyr not stanatistsis"? I mean you never see any of these morons in the normal threads, so where are they coming from!?

EDIT: I was referring to Diminished's post.

but the post in between ours backs up our points
true, seriously though, does an alarm go off on these peoples' computers when someone makes a stupid thread in the metal forum?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
i like opeth, lamb of god, in flames, tool,testament,anthrax lots of different things.

Death angel
Forbidden
Exodus
Death
Kreator
Amon Amarth

Those bands should be up your alley unless you already know them.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
true, seriously though, does an alarm go off on these peoples' computers when someone makes a stupid thread in the metal forum?

They're all those creepy people who you see have visited your profile, but you've never seen them and you don't know who the fuck they are

i have no idea where to begin, so i'm just gonna recommend Blind Guardian and Agalloch
Oh yeah, I hate all those people... going to my profile and fapping to my profile picture (it's a candid of me being grim in the woods, super shexy, I recommend all of you go look at it ) it's despicable!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Nov 19, 2008,
y'know how long ago I said that?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Yeah, but he made TS's life a bit easier, I mean it's so damn hard to find the rec. thread, all RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE FUCKING PAGE!!!!!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Oh yeah, I hate all those people... going to my profile and fapping to my profile picture (it's a candid of me being grim in the woods, super shexy, I recommend all of you go look at it ) it's despicable!

You seriously can't make a pertinent post in this topic...
Not everyone likes metal...

FUCK THEM!
Quote by MetalMessiah665

I just did this.
Quote by MapleHead

It's a stupid thread so why should I give a serious answer? Fine my serious answer: Von.
They're really melodic thrash from California.

EDIT: Their Metal Archives page lies about their genre, also all the reviewers were payed by Metallica to say the band is really raw minimalistic Black Metal so they wouldn't steal Metallica's glory.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Nov 19, 2008,
Skeletonwitch and Warbringer
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by MetalMessiah665

what, you told them? i thought that was our little thing!

Quote by MapleHead

And you can't seem to follow the rules. At least his off topic post was funny.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
It's a stupid thread so why should I give a serious answer? Fine my serious answer: Von.
They're really melodic thrash from California.

EDIT: Their Metal Archives page lies about their genre, also all the reviewers were payed by Metallica to say the band is really raw minimalistic Black Metal so they wouldn't steal Metallica's glory.

Von're pretty good but they're a bit heavy. You might want to go with something i bit lighter, like Conqueror. They're pretty mellow.
Quote by The Evil Hat
what, you told them? i thought that was our little thing!

And you can't seem to follow the rules. At least his off topic post was funny.

Von're pretty good but they're a bit heavy. You might want to go with something i bit lighter, like Conqueror. They're pretty mellow.

Sorry! I didn't mean it, I swear! They drugged me! I would never trade what we have for anything. You fapping to my profile picture, me fapping to the UG "no picture" profile picture.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!