Hey guys I need a little help. I've been trying to sing and play at the same time but I just can't get it. I've tried the techniques listed here on the forums but they don't seem to work for me. Do you guys have any different techniques that help you?
Work on rhythms til your hands bleed.

Doing two instruments involves one being so sure of one, that you can do another. One thing that I always do is just mute the strings with my left hand, and do the strumming pattern with my right. Once that's down, I do the singing (this makes sure your voice knows the vocal rhythm). Then go back and try to play JUST the chords in time without making any mistakes. Once your hands are perfect and assuming your voice knows what's going on, you should be dang close if not perfect.

It takes a while to get everything just right, but if you just keep working on it (no matter how bad you think you might be doing) you will find the light at the end of the tunnel.

Looking up rhythm guitar lessons would be very beneficial as well.
Some of the most powerful moments are when there is nothing to be said
Eddie Van Halen once described playing and singing at the same time as being similar to patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time. Which isnt that hard really heh...But id recommend that you find where downstrokes and certain words connect with the main beats of the rhythm, and focus on those first. Then try adding words in as you feel comfortable. Simplify things as much as possible at first.
Hey Sue, wouldn't life be simpler if you were a mod?

in any case, a great approach is what Louisifer said, about finding coinsiding (sp?) beats on guitar/voice. a girl i know plays harmonica and guitar at the same time with that idea.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by Ribcage
Hey Sue, wouldn't life be simpler if you were a mod?
For me, yes. I think FP got the position over me when John resigned because I can be a bitch at times, though that wouldn't be necessary if I could close threads and hand out warnings. However, FP's been a good mod, so whatever...