Hey... I just but an Epi LP and when i take a break from playing it... i sometimes leave it on my bed laying it up... but a friend says its bad for the guitar.. he says that i should lay it downn... meaning the strings should be pressing with the comforter... do u agree?
should the guitar lay down or up..?.like.. should the string be looking up or down?
=P=P thanx!
yeah standing up is the best way IMO but its pretty much whatever unless its like, laying in a pit of fire or something.
You shouldn't lay it down for any length of time.....Like Toxicity sez stand, wall hanger etc
[
i use a stand but sometimes i put it with the strings up on my bed if i leave my room,its not there for a long time tho... but i never put it strings down
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
I personally can't see how either way would really hurt anything. I think the strings down could maybe be bad because the pickups could magnetize the strings...

Aside form that, though, I can't see how it really matters.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I personally can't see how either way would really hurt anything. I think the strings down could maybe be bad because the pickups could magnetize the strings...

Aside form that, though, I can't see how it really matters.

I agree, I don't see how doing either way really harms a guitar at all. I've playing for a long enough time and I've done both, but I've never had any problems.
Strings down is the best way, if you have strings up, the headstock will slowly start to get messed up from the pressure of it laying, holding itself up by it.
If it is laid down on a soft surface (ie. your bed) I think it'd be fine, as long as there isn't excessive pressure on the headstock for extended periods of time.
Actually your buddy is right. The pressure on the headstock is bad for your neck alignment when you lay it down that way. Putting it on a bed for a few wouldn't be harsh because it's a soft surface that gives. Getting a stand would be the best plan though.
I assume it would be fine if you had the headstock lying off the bed? Usually when I rest my guitar on the bed, the body holds itself up anyway, and the headstock has no pressure on it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
I assume it would be fine if you had the headstock lying off the bed? Usually when I rest my guitar on the bed, the body holds itself up anyway, and the headstock has no pressure on it.

Ever heard of a little thing called "gravity"?
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
k... thx! i have a stand i was just asking like for a few moments when i take a break..
Quote by Gibson06
Ever heard of a little thing called "gravity"?

Shut up.
gravity is so weak.
It would take 100 years for pure gravity to warp a neck...minimum.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
and is it also good to leave it in its case? its designed for it and it had a support for the neck
Quote by kiqe131
and is it also good to leave it in its case? its designed for it and it had a support for the neck

Nope.
Cases are really bad for guitars.
I don't even see why they make them.

OF COURSE. The case is actually a GREAT place for it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kiqe131

Lol, you answered that question yourself!

Yeah, case is fine.
When my guitar stand is unavailable, I stand mine facing the wall resting on the capstans of the machine heads. But if all your heads are on the top, I don't suppose that'd work.
I Think right side-up...preferably in it's case (If you have one)
Plays Electric on Acoustic...it's weird isn't it