Drewcifer 000
Arctic drug lord
499 IQ
So I know people on here are pretty damn good at doing scream/growl vocals. I can do the death metal growl and whatnot, but I what I want to learn how to do is the kind of like screamo scream. Like in Scary Kids Scaring Kids, or Chiodos, or Duck Duck Goose. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some tips on how to sound like that.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
RPguitarplaya
67 IQ
theres really nothing you can do to sound like that.. thats just how their screaming voices are.
DarthKarth
UG's Permanent Temp Agent
171 IQ
i'm sorry i'm not exactly sure how they sound.

but if its highs, just start experimenting with the back of your throat.

no homo.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
xrawrockkillsx
Im Back Baby!
3,551 IQ
hmmmm. you cant really teach it i dont think. it took me a couple of months to be able to do it. your throat will ****ing kill trying to find it though. just go drive around and turn up some screamo as loud as you can and experiment with it.
b4mvthrasher
You lost the game.
191 IQ
you can find teachers for this sort of stuff, but if not, you can always buy that "Zen of Screaming" thing.
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

Righteous Heart
Distant
87 IQ
Not to be a douche, but the bands you mentioned are not screamo.
That is all.
myspace | last.fm
Americans used to roar like lions for liberty,
Now we bleat like sheep for security.
Drewcifer 000
Arctic drug lord
499 IQ
Quote by b4mvthrasher
you can find teachers for this sort of stuff, but if not, you can always buy that "Zen of Screaming" thing.

I've already got the Zen of Screaming but it's all warm-ups and tells you not to try and sound like anyone else.

Quote by Righteous Heart
Not to be a douche, but the bands you mentioned are not screamo.
That is all.

Yeah I know but I didn't know what to refer to that kind of scream as.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
treflip
UG's Duke Of Essex
1,030 IQ
I can do it but only with my throat, which basically destroys your voice over time, or from my diaphragm really quietly. Guess you can either do it or you can't.
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
1,464 IQ
You're never going to be able to mimic someone else. You'd need to have their speaking voice too.
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
1,464 IQ
Quote by Magero
David: Go to bed.
You've got a point though.

Haha I couldn't, I had to leave for school three minutes after I posted that comment

God that was a long night haha.
ThreeB's
Breakdowns Beers n Beards
34 IQ
My dude,

Screaming is all in phrasing in your throat.
The best bet is learn how to mimick the sound like phonetically or in a whisper,
then add the power that u use in your growl.
Bam you can scream like them

I can do all screaming using that mentality
ender898
10 IQ
hey browksi what up? well the kind of vocals you are trying to perform are basic throated vocals. now dont let the name fool you. you shouldnt actually use your vocal chords because they could rupture and thats pretty lethal. what you have to do like most screams you need to use your diaphram and create a higher version of a gutter scream. the only diffrence is you have to make it higher and take out the murkiness of your voice. and thats probably about it. its quite simple and once you figure out the breathing technique you will be able to produce this scream at any given time during a performance or practice session.