Page 1 of 2
I turn on the TV and see this RockBand Tournament. These people were talking about how great of "musicians" these ass holes are. Don't get me wrong it's fun to be inside BestBuy or something and go play RockBand with some stranger, and then rub in his/her face that you pwned them at some silly video game you don't even play. BUT COME ON!!! Why spoil the sacred term of musician with a game that only requires hand-to-eye coordination and a sense of rhythm.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Who cares? If the people like the game, and consider themselves musicians, let them dream.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Don't worry be happy
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
I saw a thing on VH1 Classic called Rock Band 2 The Stars and these people were competing to be in a "band" with Sebastian Bach and Alice Cooper. They would play against each other and one guy's team got completely dominated. So in the interview afterwards he said, "It was tough because they had a couple great guitarists." I agree it's fun to play but some people take it too seriously.
thos epoor souls, hand them a guitar and they'll go... "where are the buttons dude...? what're these strings?" hah that's my "8 year old" impression of an a**hole
Quote by InvaderTSN
"Musician" is a sacred term? How silly.

Not anymore.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
lol those people are idiots. They aren't musicians and never will be. It's like me using wireless internet near an apartment and mooching someones unprotected connection and calling myself a 1337 h4ckz0r. It's ridiculous.
With all due respect for the term "musician", those are the only two things really required to make music with a stringed or keyboard instrument, instrument itself notwithstanding because following their logic the controller is a musical instrument. Hell, you don't even need a sense of rhythm to play, but it helps you sound good. So does a trained ear and knowledge of theory, but again it's not required.
Do I think they're musicians for playing the game? No, but the point needed to be made that making music essentially takes good hand-eye coordination and a sense of rhythm as minimum requirements.
Quote by InvaderTSN

+1
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by InvaderTSN

The term "musician" implies that you have mastered (or on the way to mastering) music. Anyone can play chords, or mash buttons. There is no soul in silly video games.
Quote by Rocknroller309
Not anymore.

It never was.

Quote by Vikingx
The term "musician" implies that you have mastered (or on the way to mastering) music. Anyone can play chords, or mash buttons. There is no soul in silly video games.

Which means that they are making music, and are therefore a musician.
What's even worse is that people get Unwarrented Self-importance from playing real guitars (often horribly) and talking down to people who play something else.

...o wait...
^this guy plays guitar overhand. WTF? YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG, N00B!!!!!!!1!11
Quote by The Madcap
Just let them play their video game. It's not like that show is the fuck all king of definitions and semantics.

haha
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Just let them play their video game. It's not like that show is the fuck all king of definitions and semantics.

EDIT: Something weird happened.
Quote by in2thesun88
agreed
one more point
made this a while ago regarding the increasing lack of talent

need I explain more?

+12345623456789532568234652349650234
the Blues totally PWN.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by Rocknroller309
I turn on the TV and see this RockBand Tournament. These people were talking about how great of "musicians" these ass holes are. Don't get me wrong it's fun to be inside BestBuy or something and go play RockBand with some stranger, and then rub in his/her face that you pwned them at some silly video game you don't even play. BUT COME ON!!! Why spoil the sacred term of musician with a game that only requires hand-to-eye coordination and a sense of rhythm.

drummers...?

sorry, i had to
Quote by in2thesun88
agreed
one more point
made this a while ago regarding the increasing lack of talent

need I explain more?

I like Lil Wayne SOMETIMES! His songs can be alright, but when he starts rapping

"People, it's just me and my guitar, yeah bitch I'm heavy metaling, you can get to ****ing Led Zeppelin"

that's when you have to
STOP!!!!
Quote by The Madcap

Indeed.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Its the same as that lady who was gonna smoke cobains ashes calling herself an artist.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
I honestly think we lost hope for "musician" when Metro Station started identifying themselves as one.
Quote by fallenangel20
haha

Quote by The Madcap

o.O
Must... resist... PEAR...
And lol @ lil' Wayne. We now have guitar synching as well as lip synching
Ha, move the t.v. away from an outlets, then they're ****ed! Though same could be said with the electric guitar, but you could still play it... quietly.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
lulz I just beat Guitar Hero 4 on the fastest mode I am liek a legend of the music biz and am an epic musician. I am going to make a wikipedia entry for myself I am liek so good itz sick yo.

I don't think its too far off that we start seeing Guitar Hero concerts and wikipedia entries that have the fastest button presser, best soloer, most epic band etc.)
Quote by alexw1020
I saw a thing on VH1 Classic called Rock Band 2 The Stars and these people were competing to be in a "band" with Sebastian Bach and Alice Cooper. They would play against each other and one guy's team got completely dominated. So in the interview afterwards he said, "It was tough because they had a couple great guitarists." I agree it's fun to play but some people take it too seriously.

Well what else were they supposed to say? "It was tough because they had a couple great video game plastic instrument players"?

It's like any game tournament. If two teams play eachother in Team Fortress 2, do you get offended over them saying "The other team had some good Engineers" just because they're not real engineers?
~Heads Will Roll
Throats Will Be Slit
Blood Will Flow Like Spring Of Water!~

Quote by john_latchem
Speed Emblem = winnar!
Quote by alexw1020
I honestly think we lost hope for "musician" when Metro Station started identifying themselves as one.

I couldn't agree more. I dare say they are worse than Fall Out Boy or The Darkness or (insert mainstream hiphop/pop artist here).
i know what to get them for christmas
With this they can make the transition from video game to real guitar easily!

./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
it was on mtv too.

irony...
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Come on guys,I've never seen so much whining in a thread...

These shows are built like a parody or something of that nature,Not something to be taken seriously...sort of like wrestling.Some of the people who plays these games take it alittle too far...but if you were really good at a game and were invited to some contest would'nt you go?

**** people and their having fun right?....RIGHT?
Fine, I won't call myself a musician anymore. Rather, I will now refer to myself as a knight of sonic royalty. Yeah, let's see them take that, bitches.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Animorphy
i know what to get them for christmas
With this they can make the transition from video game to real guitar easily!

But, all I have to say is, big deal?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Page 1 of 2