...when I least expected it. I had planned to get a new amp after Christmas, but through a piece of good luck I would up buying it earlier.

We're in the process of moving house, and today when we went around to collect the keys we saw the guy who used to own it was having a garage sale. Among the things being sold was an old Ashton valve stack, so I decided to have a look. It was a 100w head and a 4x12 cab, so more than capable of reaching My Bloody Valentine levels. He saw me looking and told me that it had hardly been played, that he'd bought it just after his band had broken up and that he had no more use for it. I asked if I could give it a whirl with my guitar, and after just turning it to one (any more would have got the fuzz interested) I realised that not only was it loud, but it had nice cleans and decent distortion if I ever felt the need to use it (since I use a Nano Muff and GASing for a MI Audio Crunch Box, probably not). Best part was the price. He gave it to us for $700, which means I can afford a Valve Jr or similar if I'm just practicing.

So I thought I'd share my story. No pics yet because I don't have a camera, but after Christmas I might share a few, especially since by then I'll have the VJ also. This amp will mostly be used for gigs and jamming (any drummer who can get over this in triode mode at 5 is bloody loud). Sound clips will come with pics.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Nice job, looks like Christmas came early for you
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
It is. Only problem is that I've been banned from playing it inside the house because of how loud it is...but that's a hardship I can handle until they go out. Then I can crank it...only to 2 until I get some earplugs.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It is.
Quote by Cathbard