Hey, I play tool, muse, black keys, radiohead, sublime, blind melon, frusciante, that kinda stuff...rock I guess you can call it.
I have an Ibanez RG, and the last amp I was looking at was a f-30 but she didn't work out...so stuff like that.
There's a couple on ebay but by buying american it will cost 200 more due to exchange.
Budget? Anywhere up to 800 I guess.
So any amps you can suggest would be nice.
I found a hot rod deluxe online for 400 something which looked like a good deal, but can it do the stuff I want it to?
The hot rod is still available, is it worth it considering the sounds I'm hoping to achieve, aka should I be holding out for a heavier amp?
I know I need other pedals to get the full effect of those bands so don't bother telling me.
I want to be able to plug in my acoustic so I don't want an amp with crap cleans.
thanksssssssssssssssssss.
Look for a JCM900 instead just as cheap, and could probly do a wider range of stuff than the HRD.
Quote by THEKID546
Look for a JCM900 instead just as cheap, and could probly do a wider range of stuff than the HRD.

A Marshall tube for 400CDN... I doubt that?
I guess I didn't say I live in Canada.
i tried my acoustic with a seymour duncan woody pickup for the first time through my valveking and it sounded sooo good. i knew it would sound pretty good but it far surpassed my expectations. and the valveking has great distortion. i can get a good tool tone out of it without any pedals
JCM900
I guess you're wrong.
There's a JCM900 going for 750USD which is like 900 Canadian...and definitely not 400$.
I'm looking more to spend 600 ish USD.
Last edited by tona_107 at Nov 19, 2008,
Quote by soBLINKad
i tried my acoustic with a seymour duncan woody pickup for the first time through my valveking and it sounded sooo good. i knew it would sound pretty good but it far surpassed my expectations. and the valveking has great distortion. i can get a good tool tone out of it without any pedals

I've looked at the VK a lot, and I'm not sure if I like the sound... It seems to be really thin sounding.
you know, it's not totally like a real amp, but i have a VOX valvetronix, and the thing F***in rocks, and with my 50 watt combo, i can plug in a cab... try it out, it has the most amazing effects already built in, and the clean tone rivals any valveking i've ever heard... it does a wide range of stuff and is relatively easy to use, comes in a 100 watt head to....
Quote by JesterShred
you know, it's not totally like a real amp, but i have a VOX valvetronix, and the thing F***in rocks, and with my 50 watt combo, i can plug in a cab... try it out, it has the most amazing effects already built in, and the clean tone rivals any valveking i've ever heard... it does a wide range of stuff and is relatively easy to use, comes in a 100 watt head to....

what model do you have/how much did it cost?
i am kinda looking for a "real" amp but if this thing's any good i might have to give it a whirl too.
the HRD with a good OD will do what you want.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
the HRD with a good OD will do what you want.

unfortunately it has been sold.
hm there's a little giant for sale for 295...good deal?
can it pump out modern tones?
OOOH
JCM2000? can anyone give me a rundown on this amp? i've never heard of this model...
650 a good deal?

oh would this be a dsl?

does it not have independant gain?
Last edited by tona_107 at Nov 20, 2008,
sure is lonely in here.

Also, would a traynor ycv40blue be able to do heavier stuff? I know i'll prob need a pedal or two but on it's own how can she get?
I plan on trying it out but I don't want to look like an idiot trying to dial in a tone I'm not going to be able to get.
and if I tried out every amp (I) suggested I would be trying out amps for the rest of my foreseeable future.
Last edited by tona_107 at Nov 20, 2008,
Theres a guy around here who owns one, he might tell all about that amp.

I hear alot of good things about them but i havent played one all that much.

Since your in canada theyll be easier to get so see if you can find a local who has one for sale or a dealer and play one.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 22, 2008,
Try out a Traynor. for real. All around 700 to 900 bucks, (canadian, I'm a canuck too) sound great, and there's a few different voicings of them in that range. The YCV50 Blue is voiced a lot like a marshall, whereas something like mine (YCS50) is voiced a little more modern, though it can still do the classic rock stuff, just not the same way the 50 blue does.

the blue can get kinda heavy I think with a pedal infront, but if you want to get modern heavy in much, I wouldn't reccomend it, I'd reccomend one of the other ones. I know the YSC50 can get quite a bit of gain, though, I've never pushed it, because I don't really play that kind of music. I'd suggest going to a store and trying a couple of them.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.