Page 1 of 2
My Mountain horned dragon jsut layed eggs....I went to my bedroom to clean what I thought was HIS tank and found out that HE is a SHE...SHE had been acting exactly like what I read to be described as a male...but lately shes been acting off...and I now find out shes layed eggs, Mine was caught in the wild and apparently when they mate its not uncommon for the female to lose a horn on the side of there head, which she is missing. I just thought it was a big white poop so I picked it up with tweezers gently and she went absolutely insane, hissing at me and puffing her throat out. Also she's been digging holes for her nest lately, which I also just found out was her reason..

Long story short, I've only had her for about 3 months but they lay there eggs 4 months after being knocked up, does anyone know if they still have the eggs if they're not fertilized or are they only laid if theyre fertilized and if I do have a batch of baby dragons coming my way, whats the best way to incubate them, I did read how to but I barely understood it at all.

http://www.kingsnake.com/mhd/MHDkingsnake.html thats the site I used for all my information, thanks a ton pit
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
you have a dragon?
pokemon are by far the better pet
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
I just...saw dragons...and thought omg! Yes! Finally, my dreams have come true! Soon, I will own a fleet of unicorns and a herd of pirate ships!

But you RUINED it with that link! RUINED! Stupid snakes
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Lamer than lame.

---edit---
oh, and by the way, I'll be looking for those 2 minutes of my life that you wasted; on my death bed.
Just take her out of the room and throw them away and maybe she'll forget about it..

Or perhaps you could just let her take care of the eggs.
She'll probably know how - it's instinct.
If not then it's her fault for killing the babies, not yours.

I, like everyone else clicked this link assuming that it'd be funny or entertaining.
Thanks for ruining our fun.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
she prolly got knocked up and then was waiting for a safe time to lay the eggs, them dragons got to take it when opportunity knocks....
Quote by Vikingx
---edit---
oh, and by the way, I'll be looking for those 2 minutes of my life that you wasted; on my death bed.

Because I asked a Legitimate question yet you are too immature to come up with a response to my question that actually helps?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
gah, i thought u had a like a dragon dragon. breathing fire and eating villagers. damn
hehe, Judjing by the title I thought this was gonna be an entirely different thread when i opened this.
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
Quote by Lasyk
Because I asked a Legitimate question yet you are too immature to come up with a response to my question that actually helps?

You're asking about dragons, and I'm the immature one? Anyone else see the irony in this young chaps comment?

---edit---
I get the point that you were trying to make, but it doesn't make you any less of a tool.
Quote by Vikingx
Lamer than lame.

---edit---

You're lamer than lame.

TS, I just read through the incubation information you supplied and it doesn't seem that confusing. The hardest part will be getting the vermiculite. Once you have it, put it in a sandwich container and poke some holes in. Make sure the vermiculite's moist but not dripping wet. Also, don't put the lid of the sandwich container on really tight or anything.

After this, chuck the container of vermiculite in a styrofoam box. Put a bowl of water in the box as well. So now, you should have some containers of vermiculite inside a styrofoam box with some water in it as well. Put the styrofoam box in an area that's 70-75° F. Don't let anyone touch it.

Open the lids of the sandwich containers every so often to get air flow in. And if the babies start to hatch make sure they get air or they'll suffocate.

That's jsut what the link said, but without all the unnecessary bits in it. In case you don't know what vermiculite looks like, here's a pic:

http://www.phasmidsincyberspace.com/Pictures/Vermiculite.JPG
XIAOXI
pics?
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Is she protecting treasure? That is what dragons usually do. The bastards love shiny stuff.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
My first thought, "Holy s**t, train them as steeds. Ride them around and they will flame all your enemys"

Read further, so ummmm get a hot lamp to incubate them. Then sell teh babies on the black market for mass prophets. Repeat process til rich.
Quote by Abunai X
You're lamer than lame.

TS, I just read through the incubation information you supplied and it doesn't seem that confusing. The hardest part will be getting the vermiculite. Once you have it, put it in a sandwich container and poke some holes in. Make sure the vermiculite's moist but not dripping wet. Also, don't put the lid of the sandwich container on really tight or anything.

After this, chuck the container of vermiculite in a styrofoam box. Put a bowl of water in the box as well. So now, you should have some containers of vermiculite inside a styrofoam box with some water in it as well. Put the styrofoam box in an area that's 70-75° F. Don't let anyone touch it.

Open the lids of the sandwich containers every so often to get air flow in. And if the babies start to hatch make sure they get air or they'll suffocate.

That's jsut what the link said, but without all the unnecessary bits in it. In case you don't know what vermiculite looks like, here's a pic:

http://www.phasmidsincyberspace.com/Pictures/Vermiculite.JPG

Oh ok, thanks a lot dude, ****in finally someone whos serious...

Where can I get me some vermiculate?
Quote by I.O.T.M
As far as I know reptiles only lay eggs when they're fertilized, so you'll have some little dragons on the way.
Well I think if you go to some sort of pet store or reptile breeder you would probably be able to buy an incubator. It's not too difficult to care for the eggs while they're being incubated. Just have to make sure they are in the proper material, at the proper temperature, etc. If you google it I'm sure you'll be able to find any number of resources and guides to help you.
I used to help my fifth grade teacher (who was a reptile breeder) with his reptiles so I know a little on the matter. Though it has been a while since then, so forgive me for not being very helpful. Don't hesitate to ask me anything else.

Peace.
Anyone know how much I should sell baby dragons for xD
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Lasyk
Where can I get me some vermiculate?

You can probably buy vermiculite at Walmart or Lowes or Home Depot or some place like that. It's fairly inexpensive if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by Lasyk
Anyone know how much I should sell baby dragons for xD

I'm not really sure on the pricing of these dragons, lol, but depending on your location I might be able to take one of them off your hands so long as my mom won't throw a fit over it.
Quote by Joe Dudeman
I'm not really sure on the pricing of these dragons, lol, but depending on your location I might be able to take one of them off your hands so long as my mom won't throw a fit over it.

She's fnishing laying her 7th egg now. I do wanna keep a couple and have a few dragons in my spare tank.

Where abouts are you, if you want you can have a few eggs
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by brownsfan456
One suggestion LAY OF THE ACID!!!!!

no way man, drop acid not bombs
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Lasyk
Where abouts are you, if you want you can have a few eggs

I'm just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania. I probably wouldn't be able to travel very far to get them though, due to lack of a drivers license.

And of course I would have to talk it over with my mother first. She freaked out when I got my gecko a couple years ago.
"You have to feed it WHAT?!?!"
Quote by hemi-san
hehe, Judjing by the title I thought this was gonna be an entirely different thread when i opened this.

What did you think it was gonna be, a joke thread?

Or a thread about somebodys wife just giving birth, and hes freakin' out cuz he thinks hes going to be a douche horrible father?
Quote by Joe Dudeman
I'm just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania. I probably wouldn't be able to travel very far to get them though, due to lack of a drivers license.

And of course I would have to talk it over with my mother first. She freaked out when I got my gecko a couple years ago.

Lmao yea thats about what my mom did, my older brother bought me it for my birthday while me and my mom were on vacation.

But thats way too far for me to go, I'm in ontario canada lmao
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Vikingx
You're asking about dragons, and I'm the immature one? Anyone else see the irony in this young chaps comment?

---edit---
I get the point that you were trying to make, but it doesn't make you any less of a tool.

You're a ****ing idiot.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Joe Dudeman

LOL, you live in a place called "Reading"! That's hilarious.

Sorry. I'll go now.
XIAOXI
Quote by Lasyk
But thats way too far for me to go, I'm in ontario canada lmao

Ah well.. that's a shame. I would have liked to get another pet, lol.
Page 1 of 2