im goin to a party on saturday and probably gonna get a lil drunk (hopefully wont pass out) but im gonna be staying there overnight. i wear daily contacts that i have to take out before i go to sleep, but i dunno if im gonna be able to take em out if im too drunk and i dont wanna fall asleep with em on and get an infection. any suggestions as for what to do?

i dont have glasses and i dont think i can get my hands on any extended wear lenses by saturday.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
i know people who sleep in dailies sometimes. I think once in a while it would be okay.

i assume you don't want to bring all the stuff you need? just bring the tray prefilled.... it fits in a pocket. takes a minute to remove them from your eyes.

NOTE: do not handle jalepenos and then take out your contacts. I've done it. It wasn't fun.
Are you serious.....wow i have daily contacts also but i sumtimes sleep in them just...chill man sleep in them for once, you wont get an infection just 1 time..
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
It's not hard to take them out when you're drunk, just bring a case prefilled with solution. Some nights I don't remember, yet my contacts always end up in the case
just dont wear them. youll be drunk, you wont give a **** about anything
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I've slept in mine a lot, you won't get an infection unless you're in a really dirty place.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
wear glasses that night, or
dont get drunk
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
honestly, if you sleep in them one night, they should be okay, but you'll probably just have really dry eyes and want to put some drops in before you take them out. also, if you're so drunk that you cant take them out... thats really bad

I'm assuming you're new to contacts, because you'd know about sleeping in them by accidentally doing it eventually. So if you're new to them, that means you're probably not super comfortable with taking them out.

How bad are your eyes? could you take them out before you get really drunk? are your eyes a prescription they sell $10 glasses for at walmart and you dont need a strong prescription?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by octavarium78
just dont wear them. youll be drunk, you wont give a **** about anything

This, is the most reasonable answer in this thread.
Put a couple drops of water in your eyes before you sleep, that's what I do and my eyes won't feel itchy in the morning.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
for the people saying don't wear the contacts, i doubt i can do that, my eyes are like +6 (or is it -6?) or something like that.

i think im gonna go with a prefilled case and try not to pass out and take them out. better not drink too much then. thanks for the suggestions guys!
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
okay, +6 is pretty bad, i'm 6.75 in one eye and 7 in the other, you wont be able to see **** without them

you know that feeling when its about to all hit you. take them out and put them into the prefilled case at that point, before it hits you. you'll then seem much more drunk too, because your vision will be super blurry for two reasons
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
I wear daily lenses and they are fine if you sleep in them. They are a bit blurry (dry) in the morning, but it goes away eventually.
I wear dailies too and I haven't taken them out for at least a week...

I guess Florida's humidity's good for something.
Quote by Ackj
okay, +6 is pretty bad, i'm 6.75 in one eye and 7 in the other, you wont be able to see **** without them

I have okayish eyes, and I never see sith anyway when I'm drunk.
Quote by ep1kz
im goin to a party on saturday and probably gonna get a lil drunk (hopefully wont pass out) but im gonna be staying there overnight. i wear daily contacts that i have to take out before i go to sleep, but i dunno if im gonna be able to take em out if im too drunk and i dont wanna fall asleep with em on and get an infection. any suggestions as for what to do?

i dont have glasses and i dont think i can get my hands on any extended wear lenses by saturday.

I've taken out contacts drunk, high, and tripping. It's surprisingly easy to do when ****ed up.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
You'll be fine as long as sleeping in them doesn't become a regular thing.

I would recommend some eye drops for when you wake up though, and make sure to put some eye drops in a few minutes before you take them out the next morning. Don't put the contacts back in until the day after you do take them out.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by Keskimaki
I have okayish eyes, and I never see sith anyway when I'm drunk.

Do you see Jedis, though?
Quote by AStrangleHold
Put a couple drops of water in your eyes before you sleep, that's what I do and my eyes won't feel itchy in the morning.

Don't use water, use saline solution.

It won't kill you if you do it once, but it will be a bit uncomfortable when you wake up.
Part of it has to do with the fact that your eyes move back and forth during REM sleep.
Just make sure you bring your contact lens case with some saline solution, and if you're sober enough to take out your contacts at the end of the night, do it.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I sleep in my contacts all the time, takes about 10 minutes in the morning for them to feel ok again, but apart from that theres no real lasting damage
Quote by Bowe
I sleep in my contacts all the time, takes about 10 minutes in the morning for them to feel ok again, but apart from that theres no real lasting damage

Wrong. (It greatly depends on the TYPE of contacts. Even with extended wear, It's greatly recommended to take them out every night)
You have no idea how many people I've seen with corneal abrasions and/or corneal ulcers because they overwear thier contacts. (I work at an optometrist's office, btw)
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Get real eyes and do away with the contacts.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by InvaderTSN
Do you see Jedis, though?

Those must be the guys waving hands in front of me, telling me something about the droids.