Poll Options
View poll results: Kanye: Voice of the generation
Agree
15 6%
Disagree
235 94%
Voters: 251.
Page 1 of 3
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/13/kanye-west-im-the-voice-o_n_143703.html

Summary:

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice"

-Kanye West

...He's such a dick.
I agree because we're all idiots.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Disagree, how egotistical can you get.
"I'm the voice of a generation"
How about the generation is the voice of the generation.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
I don't think any musician in history has been the unifying 'voice' of any generation. Musicians can be the voice of a movement or a group, but to think that he represents our generation as a whole is f*cking retarded. He sure as hell doesn't speak for me.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
What did he say? I couldn't hear him.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Riddler
I don't think any musician in history has been the unifying 'voice' of any generation.

Cobain-Generation X
Which one of you bastards hit 'Agree?!'
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Pat_s1t
^lol

LOL at your sig Full Metal Jacket rules.

Kanye West is such a douchebag.
how many would honestly let a rap artist become their voice? i wouldn't...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by Haustinj
Cobain-Generation X

Cobain never said he was the voice of generation x, it was a title forced on him
what a douchebag to declare himself the voice of the generation
Quote by nirvana1163
Cobain never said he was the voice of generation x, it was a title forced on him

I think he deserved it...
but I think that pressure (combined with everything else that came with his fame) only added to his depression...
IT WAS COURTNEY LOVE!

and yes, Kanye is a dick.
Kanye West is an egotistical, even somewhat manicial, dickhead.

[/thread]
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by wombifat
i think hell be forgotten in 20 years time
i doubt that, he is a huge part of today's culture.

but this generation is way too diverse to have any one voice.
I have no opinion on this matter.
It only takes one person to disagree and make his statment completley false. The generation implies everyone, not just a majority.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
kanye west is an exceedingly powerful voice among the youth of the generation, and i'll admit it, he's made a damn good record or two, i'm not at all attempting to justify his jesus-complex, honestly i can barely stand to hear the man if it isn't to a catchy beat, but his immense power and celebrity to the generation coming into power now is undeniable.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Wat?

She died of complications from plastic surgery?

Yeah, I always feel like an insensitive jerk for having to giggle everytime I hear about that. To hell I go.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Boss61607
I think he deserved it...
but I think that pressure (combined with everything else that came with his fame) only added to his depression...
IT WAS COURTNEY LOVE!

and yes, Kanye is a dick.

i was just saying that he never said he was like kanye did, nor did he believe it
I thought Kanye's head could not get any bigger. Obviously, I was wrong.

That said, I enjoy his music (barring his new album coming out, which looks to be a huge disappointment).
Quote by Riddler
I don't think any musician in history has been the unifying 'voice' of any generation. Musicians can be the voice of a movement or a group, but to think that he represents our generation as a whole is f*cking retarded. He sure as hell doesn't speak for me.

The Beatles were the voice of the 60s

you COULD argue Nirvana was the voice of the early 90s. (but i wouldnt recomend it :P)
i personally think he is overrated.

and he certainly isn't the voice of this generation.

he just seems like such a smug douchebag sometimes.
Anyone who proclaims themselves as the voice of a generation definately isn't the voice of a generation.
Page 1 of 3