Sorry if this goes in R&R, I figured i would get more answers here. My buddies band wants to record a demo. They have an 8 track mixer with usb. What is a program that will allow them to multitrack record via the usb. They sound great live and don't want to lose the edgyness that comes with their live performances. They will record the drums separate also using multitracking.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Any decent recording program should work.

What is their price range?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
the only way you can record each instrument separately on their own track is through like firewire... just a mixer wont do, it blends all the signals into one output...

they can record the drums on one track, and then all play together to the drum track, they just can't mess up at all
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
the mixer they have has usb, but they need software that will allow the multipletracks to recorded at the same time. what they want to happen ideally is for the bass, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and 2 vocals to be recorded at one time each to their own separate track, then they will also do the drums this way, allowing each drum to be eq'd and volume changed if needed.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}