I know theres a body mod thread but what good does it do if no one is ever on it. so i'm posting it here. So i just got a tattoo on my back. i have about a half inch in diameter freckle on my back. its less like a mole cuz its flat and not as dark. the tattoo guy said that your not supposed to cut into moles and stuff which i understand cuz cancer and all that. and he said since its already a dark skin pigment it'll blend into the tattoo ok. so i have most if it done i just need one maybe two more sessions. so i guess my question is this. is it really that bad to tattoo over moles? and if i get it removed can he tattoo over the skin underneath or do they cut it out and pull the skin together which would distort the tattoo?
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
People are on it every day

*reported*

It wasn't replied to because we're not doctors and don't know what you can do about it, but I don't see how it'll "blend" at all.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
LOL your mole reminded me of this:

No offense.

But hell, if the guy will do it, I'd tattoo over it. I think some people will tattoo over scars, too, but it just depends on who you go to, I guess.
Quote by tona_107
why didnt you get it removed before you got a 500$ tattoo

The tattooist seems to have lied about it being able to 'blend' in order to get lots of money.

Nice of them, eh?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
if the mole stays then no big deal cuz the tattoo if awesome anyways. its not done yet. but is it bad to tattoo over it?
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
so i guess my question is this. is it really that bad to tattoo over moles?

No, they are just as entitled to them as anyone else.

Don't discriminate the mole, man...
Quote by Keskimaki
No, they are just as entitled to them as anyone else.

Don't discriminate the mole, man...

but u can still see that mole. if my mole was totally covered then it wouldnt be seen. i discriminate moles of all kinds. they can go back and hide under the mud dirt and tattoos.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Say that the Bird was wounded while trying to fight back against the eeeeeevil tattoo artist
Ok... Well, I'm not a doctor, or a tattoo artist... Or a fan of tattoos, but that's beside the point.

Basically (to me) it doesn't "blend" at all. I don't see how it will, unless you color the tattoo the color of the mole, then it'll still be a big splotch. I'm not entirely sure on how you go about removing a mole, but I think they cut it off then stretch the skin over the hole, which would basically **** your tattoo. I'd ask around, see if there's a different way you could get it removed, and please, for ****s sake, ask if you can tattoo the skin before you spend more money getting it removed only to find out you can't tattoo on it.
I think it looks good and tattoos are a part of your body so it makes sense that a part of your body is visible in the tattoo. It makes it that much more personal dude.