My amp won't turn on. When I hit the power switch the light doesn't light up. Fuse? I hope
So what's your question?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Check the fuse, if it's not accessible from outside the amp then it's inside the chassis.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It's on the outside. I cant tell if it's bad. I just played a hour ago I went back to turn it on for a warm up and nothing happened.
If the whole thing won't turn on then its probably a fuse and you got off easy. The big problem is when you turn it on and no sound comes out.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists
Quote by Titans36
Tube...Its in the Sig...

well i never owned a tube amp so i cant be sure on this but are the tubes dead? or do you know if the on/off light still works even with dead tubes?
Quote by affinity_strat
If the whole thing won't turn on then its probably a fuse and you got off easy. The big problem is when you turn it on and no sound comes out.

This has happened to me at least 5 times...

All 5 times ended up with me realizing the line cable wasn't fully in the jack...

facepalms came shortly after.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Yeah I'm going to Wal-Mart to buy some fuses. I hope thats the problem.
try kicking the hell out of it. Or better yet hit it with your guitar. That will probably work.
Quote by westberry
try kicking the hell out of it. Or better yet hit it with your guitar. That will probably work.

Make sure to pour a corresponding condiment to what music you play as well!

Pour ketchup for hard rock, semen of a gay man for pop rock, and salsa...well..for salsa...

Also take a HYOOGE whopping **** on your amp. That might help a ton. Don't even bother washing it.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Make sure you buy the right fuse. Take the old one with you to match it up, if need be. You can usually tell by looking at the fuse whether it's blown or not, but it's still a cheap thing to try and fix. If you have a multimeter around that can check continuity, that would be another way to test the fuse...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Wal-Mart didnt have the right fuse. I need a 1 amp fast blo and they didnt have anything like that. I got a new pedal today and about 15 minutes before I stopped playing my pedals where making a loud pop when I turned them on and off. I dont know if that was a sign of something bad but I'm going to have a sleepless night waiting on getting to the hardware store. Man I pray its just a fuse.
Fuses usually blow for a reason. As its a tube amp and was being strange before it shut down good chance you will be needing some tubes.
Go to radioshack, take the fuse and tell them "I need help"

Then invest in a better than normal surge protector. Something that looks better than the same old long strips.

Make sure that the line of your guitar is plugged in snuggly and tight. And as always warm up the amp plenty after the fuse is replaced.

Also a good anal retentive tip about tube amps is to start the amp with all volumes at 0, then turn up the master and then turn up the channel.

In your case with the b52 (lol which I'm getting in a day xD) make sure its also not extremely over heating. Call up b52, I think you can get a free fan from them.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel