Sorry if it doesnt make sense lol spell check dun like me and sorry if in wrong section

I recently started going on ultimate-guitar and found out the hard-cold truth about Marshall's...... and i got 200 dollars in my piggy bank

Story:
I walked into my local music store there is only Peavey's and Marshall's here and Roland cubes i was going to leave with a Peavey vyper 15 watt but then some emo girl with a bass tells me you dont need 15 watts unless your gigging........ She mentions Marshall is good quality and the sales rep agrees.(and my mom doesn't trust as i am a beginner)So i leave with a MG10......

Update: The sales rep agreed with her and buying used is impossible cuse i dont like used and i dont like metting people

Update 2: in the watt thing
Question:

I am buying a new amp under 200 dollars i have these in mind as the store is like 5 mins away from me anyways

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-20X-Amp-With-COSM?sku=487031

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15X-Amp?sku=487030

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169

Remember you can name peaveys or roland's or marshall's but they have nothing over the 100 wat mg so that be pointles
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Here's a tip for buying gear: always buy the best you can afford.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
Here's a tip for buying gear: always buy the best you can afford.

The roland cube was the best one there imo btw i learned the wrong from right dont buy Mg's or Spider III's yadayadayada

oh ya and recommend some cheap peaveys to i made it sound dum with only cubes in it
Fender Telecaster
theres nothing wrong with buying used.. suck it up.

kinda rude.. id get the vypr.. it plays great
The Roland Cube series and the Peavey Vypyr series are both amazing amps for the price - you really can't go wrong with either one of those.

The Marshall MG series makes an excellent end table... or possibly some firewood if you're cold... maybe even a nice little stool for your friends to sit on when they come over. But if you are buying it to be used as an amp, you are making a huge mistake - they sound horrid and are very poorly constructed.

What type of music do you play - this will help us find the amp that is best for you...
metal and classic rock on a G-400 and i cant buy used cuse i dont have a credit card or guts
Fender Telecaster
check out deals on craigslist? but yeah the vypr is what i like to play on at GC... it sounds really good for the price
Quote by Felttoaster
metal and classic rock on a G-400 and i cant buy used cuse i dont have a credit card or guts

You could get mommy to buy used for you.

I loved my old Cube 30. If you get a Cube you need to get the 30x or the Micro, 'cause these ones have the modeling effects the amp is known for.

The Vypers look cool also. Either should suit you fine.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The Roland Cube series and the Peavey Vypyr series are both amazing amps for the price - you really can't go wrong with either one of those.

The Marshall MG series makes an excellent end table... or possibly some firewood if you're cold... maybe even a nice little stool for your friends to sit on when they come over. But if you are buying it to be used as an amp, you are making a huge mistake - they sound horrid and are very poorly constructed.

I second this. I own a Vypyr and I recommend that you give one a try. Great amps for the price.
Quote by Checker
You could get mommy to buy used for you.

I loved my old Cube 30. If you get a Cube you need to get the 30x or the Micro, 'cause these ones have the modeling effects the amp is known for.

The Vypers look cool also. Either should suit you fine.

nah my mom would go to the meeting point and they would offer her a mg and she would take the mg

Quote by Anonymous9001
Can you can gig with a 15w and sound good though? I thought you needed roughly 50w+ to gig good...

thats what i thought when i left the store....'
Fender Telecaster
Marshalls ARE good amps but $100 practice amps, regardless of brand, are pretty much all going to be garbage.

It's kind of hard to find a good amp for $200 or under to be truthful. The best I can think of are Roland microcubes which are ok, the Crate V series had an amp at $150 that was ok as well. Other than that I don't really know what to tell you.
Quote by al112987
Marshalls ARE good amps but $100 practice amps, regardless of brand, are pretty much all going to be garbage.

Agreed. Few can really state with legitimate facts why the new JVM marshall 4 channel head isn't an amazing amp. Or why the jcm800/900/2000 can be considered one of the best heavy rock heads of all time.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
for $200 the best amp you can get is the Crate v50. it will be plenty loud enough. find your local guitarcenter and go in and don't let the sales reps change your mind. if you know exactly what you want when you go in rarely will they try to persuade you otherwise.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
grow a pair you wuss, just buy used

the only other option i could see that might sound good is the crate v50 suggestion above
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
if youre gonna play really heavy stuff
the crate v series distortion isnt gonna cut it
so your gonna end up needing a distortion pedal
does it have to be tube
or can it be solid state

cuz crate makes some pretty good SS stuff
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
MG's are okay, and that's being a little nice. MG's get so much crap for being bad because they are basically just Re-branded Park amps. Marshall bought out Park and just slapped their name on them.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I play on a Roland Cube 30X with a PRS SE and I think the amp sounds just plain great, so here's a recommendation for that. I'd save up some money, go to the music store try out Vypyr 30W and Cube 30X and decide between those two.

P.S. for gigging, you need a like a 15W+ *tube* amp. You can't gig with a 15W or even 30W-50W solid state amp (such as Roland Cube, Marshall MG etc.).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer