Hi, can you guys fetch some guitar for me? I can't find anywhere, and since UG is a wonderful community, I give this forum a try! ^^

First Is a Jackson Kelly pro series. Yes, they're still made. but I want THIS exact model (the pink upper one...)

It's from 1996, and the girl who sold me my other pink guitar (Alexi 600 SE) had it so that's how I managed to get the picture. I asked her.

It is pro series too, and I want it to be from 1996 too or older. I don't want a Jackson under Fender, heh! And obviously, this exact color. But 1996 for the best bet.

Next one is an Ibanez DT-555, a.k.a Phil Collen signature from Def leppard. Saw one on ebay one day but was in too bad condition...

So here's two pictures of the babies. Ignore the King V, I already have a great V guitar! ^^

Can't you people help me out? =(
Attachments:
xiphos108[1].jpg
e5y14.tmp.jpg
I didnt know ibanez made a model like that, im interested.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange

Yeah... It's kinda like a mix of a gibson explorer and an Ibanez Iceman...
Quote by LaGrange

Well... If you find one, it's gonna be mine !!!!!!111111111111111111!!!!!11one!!!!

I asked before! xDDD

Serisously... Any suggestion people? Or tips about how to find it, or even some cheap custom shop at least?
The only thing I can say is search online. I haven't seen either one around the Boston area and I hit all the local shops on a regular basis. Of course Ebay will be the main search then check Craigs list. Search all the bic Guitar store web pages Guitar Center and Daddy's both sell used gear online and they will ship to a local store near you if they have one in you area. There are other guitar shops that sell used equipment and have web pages you can check maybe someone can suggest some here. Chech other forums. I am pretty sure there is and Ibanez and a Jackson forum you might have luck there.

I have been searching for a Kramer Enterprize for many years to replace the one stolen from me at the Miami Airport and can't find one so I know how hard it is to find a specific rare guitar you want.
Quote by johnro6659
The only thing I can say is search online. I haven't seen either one around the Boston area and I hit all the local shops on a regular basis. Of course Ebay will be the main search then check Craigs list. Search all the bic Guitar store web pages Guitar Center and Daddy's both sell used gear online and they will ship to a local store near you if they have one in you area. There are other guitar shops that sell used equipment and have web pages you can check maybe someone can suggest some here. Chech other forums. I am pretty sure there is and Ibanez and a Jackson forum you might have luck there.

I have been searching for a Kramer Enterprize for many years to replace the one stolen from me at the Miami Airport and can't find one so I know how hard it is to find a specific rare guitar you want.

I'm on ebay everyday loll...

Craig's list... Yeah, I didn't look there... That's were I found the Alexi...

Local shop... The closest one is 450km from here lol...

But seriously, it helps a lot man! Thanks! My reasearch is gonna be much more organized from now on! Thanks again!

Up to now I was only looking into ebay all the time and I was writing "Ibanez DT-555 sale" or "1996 Kelly Pro sale" on google lol...

Oh by the way, how is the Kelly's body called? I am usually writing 1996 Kelly Pro sale" or "1996 Kelly Pro pink", but I guess it's something like "pink cherry flametop" or a name like that (I'm colour-blinded anyway but kinda WANT that).

Any other suggestions, people?
I can't help on the jackson, which I' sorry for as it looks a beautiful guitar!

But I see Ibanez DTs on Ebay quite frequently, I've only seen a few of that exact one over my searchings but if you just want a DT in general they can be quite common, even easier to find if you want that recently (a few years ago) discontinued hardtail model.
I am on Ebay everyday myself and Craigs list. The only problem with Craigs list is there is no protection like on Ebay anyone can post an item for sale and there are a lot of scams. I only buy locally where I can go check out what I am buying. The great deals online and the huge guitar stores like Daddy's and Guitar Center are killing the Mom and Pop music stores. I go into a lot of them and can't believe they can stay in business because the prices on the new stuff is so high.

As far as I know that body style has always been refered to as the Kelly as far as the color goes I am not sure I knew someone that had a RR in that color too.

You might want to join the JCFonline group: www.jcfonline.com and ask there.
That is not a king V. That is a Jackson RR3 Pro.

My baby.

-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by johnro6659
I am on Ebay everyday myself and Craigs list. The only problem with Craigs list is there is no protection like on Ebay anyone can post an item for sale and there are a lot of scams. I only buy locally where I can go check out what I am buying. The great deals online and the huge guitar stores like Daddy's and Guitar Center are killing the Mom and Pop music stores. I go into a lot of them and can't believe they can stay in business because the prices on the new stuff is so high.

As far as I know that body style has always been refered to as the Kelly as far as the color goes I am not sure I knew someone that had a RR in that color too.

You might want to join the JCFonline group: www.jcfonline.com and ask there.

Yeah, but I always deal with the man so he can put the auction on ebay
Quote by Punk_Ninja

OH DARN!

THX SO MUCH! I think this guy has got a deal! hehe, just gonna read the specs and contact some dude...

Possibly only one more to go!!! <333<

Thanks so much man seriously!
Quote by kranoscorp
That is not a king V. That is a Jackson RR3 Pro.

My baby.

Oh, I see... nice info!

Btw man, buy any chance, do you know how's the body's finish color or whatever is called? I guess it would help really in my research!

And oh man... AWESOME guitar you got there! <3

How does it play?
Last edited by Hateandhatred at Nov 20, 2008,
Oh Darn!

It's not the good Ibanez =(

This one has dot frets inlays... So I believe it's the DT-155 instead of the 555...

^^'''''''

Sorry guys for giving you so much trouble... But thank you so much for the help, heh!

It's interesting though... But usually I try to get THE exact thing ^^''''
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ah that's a shame!
Would've been great if it was the actual one, but for that price you can't go wrong whichever one it is!

Well it's like a Fender Stratocaster and a Squier Hello Kitty signature. LOL

I believe the DT-555 is around 1000$... Paul Gilbert used it, if I'm not mistaken.

There's one guy using it on Youtube:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZHRgamocE
damn I'm just trying to call Jackson by now to know how is the body painting called... You guys are sure you don't know? =/
Pink? I think you mean purple. And Jackson won't have a clue as it's Pre-Fender. The color was Trans Purple I think for reference.
Quote by CJRocker
Pink? I think you mean purple. And Jackson won't have a clue as it's Pre-Fender. The color was Trans Purple I think for reference.

Oh sorry, I am colour-blinded lol! Dunno what's the difference. I just know it's pretty and metal. But if it's the good name, I REALLY want to thank you man!
Quote by Hateandhatred
Oh, I see... nice info!

Btw man, buy any chance, do you know how's the body's finish color or whatever is called? I guess it would help really in my research!

And oh man... AWESOME guitar you got there! <3

How does it play?

I got mine used for $400, the seller described it as transparent pink over a flamed maple top. I would describe it as pinkburst, if that is anything to go by.

As for playability, it is very nice. The neck is rediculously thin (thinner than my Ibanez), but unlike modern Jacksons it does not have a compound radius fretboard. Although it is nice, I still prefer my Charvel's neck over it because the Charvel has less finish on the neck. The pickups used for those models are much lower output than the modern ones on Jacksons, but it is very easy to dial in a Metal tone, and I think it actually gives better variability in sound. The floyd is good, better than my Charvel's, but it could be better. The lack of a tone knob is rather disheartening, and I have had MANY friends who, after trying it out, advised that a killswitch should be installed. They felt that it would just complement the style of the instrument. The lac of 24 frets is also annoying, but Jackson has never liked those.

The finish? Flawless. This is single handedly the most gorgeous instrument I have ever owned, for that reason alone I will never sell it. Believe me, with a pickup change that Kelly will set you for life.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
I got mine used for $400, the seller described it as transparent pink over a flamed maple top. I would describe it as pinkburst, if that is anything to go by.

As for playability, it is very nice. The neck is rediculously thin (thinner than my Ibanez), but unlike modern Jacksons it does not have a compound radius fretboard. Although it is nice, I still prefer my Charvel's neck over it because the Charvel has less finish on the neck. The pickups used for those models are much lower output than the modern ones on Jacksons, but it is very easy to dial in a Metal tone, and I think it actually gives better variability in sound. The floyd is good, better than my Charvel's, but it could be better. The lack of a tone knob is rather disheartening, and I have had MANY friends who, after trying it out, advised that a killswitch should be installed. They felt that it would just complement the style of the instrument. The lac of 24 frets is also annoying, but Jackson has never liked those.

The finish? Flawless. This is single handedly the most gorgeous instrument I have ever owned, for that reason alone I will never sell it. Believe me, with a pickup change that Kelly will set you for life.

That kind of stuff won't let me sleep in peace tonight! <3<3<3<3<3

what's the pickup actually?

I own a Charvel too but I hate it as ****. lolll!

I wanted the Kelly mainly for metal BUT for other genres too. Just for metal not as extreme as the metal I play with the Alexi-600. Drop D all the way. Originally wanted an explorer, but with some research, this is THE baby for me.

The info on finish is really helpfull. If I can't get the guitar... Custom shops \m/-_-\m/

Thank you again for this info...