Ok so this things sat here all day while i was at work....

lets look at the box.....

Thats what im talking about

Oh whats this?

Thats no Carvin!!!!

Packed with care by Steve from BRG Music

Yep, I gots me a Soltero SL. Damn I love this thing. Friggin blows doors off any carvin ive ever played.

Lets face it, it was only a matter of time before I was back on Dean. I have no effin idea why I left them in the first place.

Its been a good effin day
Score!

Congrats mate, it looks GORGEOUS.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Everytime I see someone get a new guitar I wanna get mine so much moreeeeeeeee...****ing stores not having the guitar I want...I'm actually getting so impatient i may go to ottawa in search of a mustang :p

pretty cool...except for the binding (i think that's what it's called)....that part looks like **** (no offence)...but other than that pretty cool.
0___0

Large pics are large.

Nice axe! I'll be making a thread like this soon.

Only mine won't be as epic. Again, congrats dude!
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I thought it said Charvel for some reason on the box, then I realized it said Carvin. That was a let down.

Then I saw it was a Dean. Double let down

Meh, my opinion only I guess. Anyhow, I'm sure you love it, so grats! enjoy it
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
thats a nice take on the LP shape... i like the way it looks like it is twisted where the top of the wood comes in towards the neck pick up...

how does it play?
Thank you please.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Too bad it wasnt a carvin. You would of been much better off.

I had one.....

My dean plays about 1000000x better.

heres the Carvin I used to own

Wait, the Carvin you used to own?

In the original thread, didn't you say you bugged your local store for about a year to get that finish? In fact, that was 3 months ago:

Quote by cerebrix

[..]

Yep, this guitar was ME. For the first time I found a fiddle that just leaped out at me tonally. It felt like an extension of me. No wierdness, the DC727 was MY GUITAR.

[...]

Well folks. Here she is. The best looking and playing guitar I've ever seen or held in my life.

[..]

I'm just wondering what made you change your mind; they seem like such nice and well made guitars.

Anyway, that Dean has some great looking binding
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 20, 2008,
Congrats that is one nice guitar! I love DEAN guitars and that is one great example of their line.

I got an Epi LP that came in a Gibson box I thought there was a mistake but they just used what ever box they had on hand to ship it in. LOL
I probably would've kept the Carvin, but if you like the Dean, then good on you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Wait, the Carvin you used to own?

In the original thread, didn't you say you bugged your local store for about a year to get that finish? In fact, that was 3 months ago:

I'm just wondering what made you change your mind; they seem like such nice and well made guitars.

Anyway, that Dean has some great looking binding

it was the right finish, on the wrong guitar man.

my hands are just too small for a 7. i had to face that and get over the finish. i did. it wasnt an easy decision. but its not even one i even regret, which tells me, i did the right thing.

this dean is WAY more fun for me to play.
nice guitar
even your cat likes it
thats always good
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
I came.

Beautiful guitar.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
I don't usually like dean guitars but i do really love that particular model. This is all based on guitar shape i haven't tried one.

Quote by Swap-Meet
Everytime I see someone get a new guitar I wanna get mine so much moreeeeeeeee...****ing stores not having the guitar I want...I'm actually getting so impatient i may go to ottawa in search of a mustang :p

pretty cool...except for the binding (i think that's what it's called)....that part looks like **** (no offence)...but other than that pretty cool.

Err It says you live in Montreal, i live there too, i don't know if you have ever heard of Steves music shop but i was there Monday and they had a Fender mustang. Its prob still there just take the metro to Place-D'armes.
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Quote by The-Joker
I don't usually like dean guitars but i do really love that particular model. This is all based on guitar shape i haven't tried one.

Err It says you live in Montreal, i live there too, i don't know if you have ever heard of Steves music shop but i was there Monday and they had a Fender mustang. Its prob still there just take the metro to Place-D'armes.

Fender Mustang guitar?
I was there friday and they didn't.. Only the bass.
"Dude, I think I just filled the cup"

Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by continental
is that an import or USA dean?
just curious
either way, it's still awesome

This is a Made in Japan Dean.

The SL Soltero is pretty unique in the line of Solteros.

what sets it apart is...

Stopbar tailpiece rather than the standard dean tailpiece

Custom would DiMarzio Pickups

The neck profile goes from the dean v neck (around frets 1-5) to a soft c shape as it moves higher up the neck.

I'm totally loving this one. Just put new strings on it (I wanted 10's rather than the 9's that shipped on it.).

Having a blast on my day off
1) I still have a low opinion of Dean for their whole Dimebag thing they have going.
2) I'm glad you didn't buy a Dime model or a razorback, don't like either of them. *shrugs*
3) Seems like a nice guitar, 'cept for the fugly binding coming over to the neck pickup.

Those are all my opinions, though. Grats on the NGD.
Im an anti dean guy, but I like those alot nice one mate
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus