Hello!

I bought an Amp. A spider III Line 6 150W(75W stereo) with a marshall MG412 cab. It sounds great(especiall w/my 1963 epiphone coronet) but I can only use one side 75W which doesnt push the cab like I want it to. I was reading people who blew up the amp using only one side.

Is there any way I can hook up BOTH the right and left side into one cabinet. The cabinet has only one input.

Thanks!

Kenny from Bedwell

www.myspace.com/bedwellmusic
Ugh, prepare for the worst....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Bedwell2005
Hello!

I bought an Amp. A spider III Line 6 150W(75W stereo) with a marshall MG412 cab. It sounds great(especiall w/my 1963 epiphone coronet) but I can only use one side 75W which doesnt push the cab like I want it to. I was reading people who blew up the amp using only one side.

Is there any way I can hook up BOTH the right and left side into one cabinet. The cabinet has only one input.

Thanks!

Kenny from Bedwell

www.myspace.com/bedwellmusic

In the words of the Mythbusters:
Well there's your problem...

my advice, go sell it off and buy a combo amp. less of a hassle and easier on you in general
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
run the cab mono....
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
the mg cab is pretty bad to start
the spider can be tweaked to eventually give you an acceptable tone
the cab is your main issue
its probably not made for stereo use
so just plug it mono
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
You would have to rewire the cab and put in a stereo jack. And yes running the stereo spiders in mono does seem to be a good way to fry em. But they dont need any help to fry themselves they do a pretty good job of it eventually usually right after the warranty runs out.
What if I sold the head and bought a Marshall AVT150H head. Are those any good? I am looking for a good rig for not too expensive(college student....)
Quote by Bedwell2005
What if I sold the head and bought a Marshall AVT150H head. Are those any good? I am looking for a good rig for not too expensive(college student....)

Not really.

Sell the whole thing, buy an all tube combo.
Sell everything, buy crate v18 or crate v50 and a digitech bad monkey overdrive.

Problem solved. It'll be loud as hell, and sound good at the same time.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Ok basically this is what you just created. Think if a person with downs had sex with a person with als and made a half stack as a kid, it would be your rig.

Sell it and get a valvetronix, better tone for beginners and it has a preamp tube.
Quote by schecterb5209
Ok basically this is what you just created. Think if a person with downs had sex with a person with als and made a half stack as a kid, it would be your rig.

Sell it and get a valvetronix, better tone for beginners and it has a preamp tube.

OMG Thats sig worthy

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Well I am not really a beginner but have been playing through my parents old amps(peavey) but they are steel guitar amps, bass amps. And the Spider III seems okay but now I am kinda mad...I don't know what to do.
Take it back and get your money, do some research and get an amp that doesn't sound like **** and won't break in a year or so.

Edit: When the hell was shit censored?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Nov 21, 2008,