Hey guys,

I'm looking at new guitars (again) and I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, the Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR and the Fender Telecaster. I love how Schecters play, but I'm also infatuated with the versatility and speed of the Telecasters! I mostly play hard rock, grunge, and some modern rock like Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Muse to name a few. So what do you think is better to buy?

Kenny
Last edited by jedinix at Nov 20, 2008,
The Schecter. Humbuckers are what you're looking for, not the vintage sounding single coils in a tele.
Unless it is a John 5 or Jim Root Tele you'll want the schecter.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Even if it's a John 5 or Jim Root Tele, go for the Schecter.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Even if it's a John 5 or Jim Root Tele, go for the Schecter.

Minus having a FR the Jim Root is pretty sick, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like teles.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Yeah, but I always think you get more for your money buying a guitar that's not a signature than buying one that is.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Yeah, but I always think you get more for your money buying a guitar that's not a signature than buying one that is.

The Hellraiser is the better value no doubt. I was just putting out some options if he is seriously in love with the tele shape.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I'd get the Schecter, but that's just me.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Tele. Schecter's a great brand, but to be honest, I can see two single-coils doing more than two humbuckers.

*gets eaten by Schecter players*

On another note, Prince plays Schecter. That's enough to make me say no to most of them even if I like them.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Why? Prince is a complete badass.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Eh, I just don't like him. He's skilled, I'll admit, but I hate the way his custom guitars look, and he needs to talk up. Plus he blows Weird Al off. That makes me hate him right there. That and he sued his fans.

Still, to each his own I suppose.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 20, 2008,