My buddy who is going to play bass in my band plays guitar but we are both new to bass. How big of an amp will he need to play in a band setting, mostly practices cause when we get a gig we can mic all amps.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
i have a behringer 120 (120 watts) it is loud as anything and really cheap too
Quote by sigur_ros6

don't get a behringer. they are bad amps and will crap out on you. try looking at your local music shops. check out the brands: Gallien-Krueger, Acoustic, SWR, higher end Ampeg and Carvin.

also try the bass fourm you might get a little more help from us folks over there.
Last edited by fudger at Nov 20, 2008,
Quote by sigur_ros6

200-300 watts. hit the bass forum. they'll give you a s**t load of brands.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
for small practices etc. anything 65watts or over really. i used a 65 for over a year in my old band and it was fine (we practiced in a shed tho )
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
I've got question ... silly but... What bass and amp is needed to play like Korn? please reply .
Quote by Mazan
I've got question ... silly but... What bass and amp is needed to play like Korn? please reply .

Play like Korn or sound like Korn?

The former I can't help with but the latter you just need any half decent amp, play a five string and scoop out all the mids; Fieldy's tone is terrible.

Edit: You can get away with 250w un-miced at a reasonable hall sized gig.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well basses are less style specific than guitars so i guess it comes down to what sound you like
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Thanks for the help, I have posed the same question to the guys in the bass forum.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}