http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-GIBSON-Les-Paul-TOBACCO-CUSTOM-tremolo-guitar_W0QQitemZ260318279565QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGui tar?hash=item260318279565&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

I have seen 3 of these now, and i am very interested, but i had never heard of them, my question is what is your opinion on these guitars? Do they stay in tune? how come they arnt made anymore? What is your input? Should i just go for the Gibson Axcess?

Thanks for reading, appreciate the help.
Well, there's two parts to this:

1) Whatever it is, it can't be any worse than the Axcess. I recently tried out three Axcess, and they were awful. They're neck-heavy like an SG (i.e. the neck weighs more than the body, so it naturally tries to hang upside down unless you keep a firm grip on the neck - and if you're gripping the neck like that, you can't play so freely), none of them had any degree of sustain (notes won't hold even a third as long as they would on a normal LP), the Floyd Rose wasn't installed very well (and was installed weirdly - one of the points of FRs is they can go up as well as down, but the ones on the Axcess can only go up about half a step), the fret acess on them actually isn't any better than it is on a regular LP (I can easily fret fret 21 on a normal LP, and on the access... yup, fret 21 is as far as I could go, fret 22 is still a pain), the finishes were poorly done (interesting note on these: the Ice Tea finish had a brighter tone and weight even less than the two Gunmetal Gray finishes), the pickups sounded awful (they're the same low- and mid-output pickups used on the Historic Reissue LPs - they're good for those LPs, but for a shred-orientated guitar with a Floyd Rose? Useless, nowhere near suitable), and the neck was actually surprisingly very thick. Now, I like thick necks, but I imagine most people getting an Axcess are going to want a slim neck - the one on the Axcess really weren't any slimmer than the thick neck of my '59 LP.

2) Having played many Gibsons, I can tell you this - they all vary so much, you can not consider buying one online. Unless you can go and try that guitar out yourself, ignore it. To put this in perspective, when I was shopping for my '59 Custom Shop LP, I tried about ten Custom Shop guitars out first plus several regular Gibsons, and they all sucked hugely - I've had Epis and other Chinese copies that have been better. It was only this one last one which was any good. Now, when Gibsons are good, they're really good, but it seems the vast majority are awful. So if you can't try it out first then don't risk it, because chances are you'll end up with something crap.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I like the idea of a term set up that doesn't ruin a Gibson LP or any guitar that should be kept as is. They do claim that is from Gibson but I haven't come across an LP with one. I have tried either this or a similar devise and it worked OK. I agree with Mr Flibble you have to play guitars to see if they are really for you and I hate to say this being a Gibson lover their really some bad ones out there lately. I also play a lot of them any chance I get and found that I would choose an Epi hands down over some Gibsons. It used to be you could pick up any Gibson and fall in love with it now you have to go fishing for that great one. I have played a lot of the robot guitars and IMHO they are crap I haven't found a single one I liked.

Aside from the trem that is one nice looking LP and it looks like you could easily replace the trem with the regular LP set up. That's what I would do. If I want a guitar with a trem I would buy an Ibanez or similar guitar.

The seller has a nice wine red custom with the standard Gibson set up, I think is a better deal IMHO.

If your planning on buying it I would see what their return policy is. I buy a lot of guitars on Ebay and it's always a crap shoot but I only buy guitars I get good deals on so if they need to be tweaked I don't mind. So far I have been happy with all my purchases.
I do beleive gibson has a les paul model with a floyd on it in production right now. Its the Neal Schon signature model. I read about in in a magazine. And all i could do was wonder why they would make a Neal Schon sig guitar anyway. Ive never thought of his playing to be anything but average.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
I do beleive gibson has a les paul model with a floyd on it in production right now. Its the Neal Schon signature model. I read about in in a magazine. And all i could do was wonder why they would make a Neal Schon sig guitar anyway. Ive never thought of his playing to be anything but average.

I believe they quit making the Neal Schon model, now they have the Les Paul Axcess, which is like the Neal Schon Model but without all the fancy sustainer buttons behind the bridge, but i was lookin at this guitar because its not a floyd Rose, its just a tremelo system, and i figure it would be faster to tune.
the bridge looks like the Kahler 2220 Stud mount bridge.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Pintara_jackson
the bridge looks like the Kahler 2220 Stud mount bridge.

ah ****, i dont like kahlers, i was scared it was that...I just want a guitar with a les paul shape and a tremelo/FR, and i dont like the PRS'
You can't find many LP with an OFR or LFR equipped unless it was a custom or aftermarket job.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
WRONG

Quote by Blacken Seas
You can't find many LP with an OFR or LFR equipped unless it was a custom or aftermarket job.
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.
sorry i completely forgot about the Lp Axcess.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369