im looking to expand my tone capabilities
so i figure getting a multi fx processor is probably a good choice by now
another reason is because gigging is going to be a pain switching three on/off in half a second (doing it during practice is getting on my nerves)
essentially im looking for a pretty basic multi fx that allows me to mix and save effects/patches relatively easily.
im not looking for a zillion effects, just enough to build inspiration.
i would also prefer something that produces good "natural" tones (not obviously digital)

note: i have a tube halfstack
i know multi fx arent amazing, but at this stage, it seems like an alright idea.

any suggestions from people with experience on them
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
^^
i heard those were pretty good
but alot of people say the gt-3 was the best in the series
plus the gt-10 is like $600, which is kindof a bit much
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
buy my boss me 50 from me
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
^^
why are you selling it?
that doesnt even start as a suggestion

lol
Glimsom wrote:
depends on what genre...
the best for metal that i have come across is without doubt anything from line 6... i personally find the pod x3 amazing.. only thing is you'll have to pi ck up a separate floor board for it.. if you have a little more cash pick up a pod xt live
Quote by roarinflames
^^
why are you selling it?
that doesnt even start as a suggestion

lol

I would like to start a collection of individual pedals. I would feel kinda weird buying a distortion pedal seeing that my multieffect has its own and many settings.

I have grown to dislike the distortion on it.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by RickDe
Check out the Digitech GNX's

i kind of have a personal grudge against digitech for everytime that ive gone to my buddy's house
he has the death metal pedal
its pretty versatile
its so easy for me to dial in from "**** tone" to "**** tone"
lol

ill check it out though
if its the one ive tried before
i wasnt a fan
i could not figure it out for the life of me
Glimsom wrote:
Quote by SoccerRM1
I would like to start a collection of individual pedals. I would feel kinda weird buying a distortion pedal seeing that my multieffect has its own and many settings.

I have grown to dislike the distortion on it.

multi fx distortion is always pretty bad
you should just buy a seperate pedal and dont run any distortion on the MFX
Glimsom wrote:
Quote by DJ_Inferno2000
depends on what genre...
the best for metal that i have come across is without doubt anything from line 6... i personally find the pod x3 amazing.. only thing is you'll have to pi ck up a separate floor board for it.. if you have a little more cash pick up a pod xt live

sorry for triple posting or whatever but i forgot to quote multiple people

im not a big fan of the pods
they always have that "saturated" tone to them which i dont particularly like.
its like heavy bass,
im looking for something bright on the high end yet dark and swelling on the low end
Glimsom wrote:
The Digitechs are confusing. Its instruction manual is like a bible. I use the GNX-1. I got it used from a friend and had to go on-line for the instructions. But he downloaded a ton of extra amp and speaker models in it not to mention extra effect models. I run it thru a 65 watt Crate w/1-12". Because the Crate is so versatile, I don't use the amp & speaker modes...just the effects and most of the music I play doesn't require much effects.
Quote by RickDe
The Digitechs are confusing. Its instruction manual is like a bible. I use the GNX-1. I got it used from a friend and had to go on-line for the instructions. But he downloaded a ton of extra amp and speaker models in it not to mention extra effect models. I run it thru a 65 watt Crate w/1-12". Because the Crate is so versatile, I don't use the amp & speaker modes...just the effects and most of the music I play doesn't require much effects.

crate ftw
thats what i play

i have glx1200h and i just got the new v100h
they are really good for the price
Glimsom wrote:
I like my Digitech RP500. Lots of fx to explore all in one package, sturdy build, low price, great sound (IMO, but I guess that's subjective). It also has a large flavor of modeled amps. The Mesa double & triple rectifiers are my personal faves, although the JCM 800 & Randall RG100 are also good, and work for classic rock (JCM) or contemporary "scooped" metal (RG).

I just played live with it at a bar Monday nite. I played 80's rock/ hair metal (Dokken, Cinderella, Great White, etc.) and it sounded amazing. I ran it right into the mixer (look, Ma, no amp/cab to cart around!). It has a selector switch for amp or mixer and optimizes the sound's "space" depending on what you are running it into.

The 500 comes into its own as a live playing unit, which was my primary reason for getting it.
i dont like amp modeling
i love my amps tone currently

although i knew a guy who did that with his gt-8
Glimsom wrote:
Quote by samlocke14
tc electronics g major.

This would be a rather illogical choice unless the OP has plans of much more expansion in the future. In spite of it's modest price, it gets a lot more expensive when you consider you have to buy a Midi controller for it (to have any decent function in a live/practice scenario) and they're subject to taking some damage if not properly housed in a shock mount rack case.

The Nova System, on the other hand, is basically a G Major in a floor unit (less some of the more obscure effects, but with a drive effect). The cost of entry is high, but you get what you pay for.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I suggest the new Line 6 multi-effects that came out recently. I'm a fan of Line 6 pedals, myself.

However, I honestly think it would be better if you bought individual pedals. It could be cheaper (seeing as you might buy less than you'd think) and it will more than likely sound better.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
i have 4 individual pedals right now
its the fact that i have switch a lot of effects on/off during songs
its getting a bit cumbersome
Glimsom wrote:
^^
alot of mixed reviews on that thing
plus if its anything like the pod
i wont like it
they give quite a saturated sound
Glimsom wrote: